9 Things People Don’t Know About Masturbation - What About You?
Masturbation has been much of a taboo topic in our society for far too long. But people are still curious and want to know about it! Here are 9 fascinating things you probably did not know about masturbation.
1. The more sexually active you are…the more likely you are to masturbate.
Not the other way round - as many might believe! If you’re sexually active, your urge to remain so actually increases. Those who are sexually active are more open to exploring their bodies.
2. Masturbation can help prevent cervical infections and urinary tract infections
Hard to believe right? But it’s true! According to research, “masturbation can help prevent cervical infections and urinary tract infections through the process of 'tenting,' or the opening of the cervix that occurs as part of the arousal process. Tenting stretches the cervix, and thus the cervical mucous. This enables fluid circulation, allowing cervical fluids full of bacteria to be flushed out.”
3. It can help relieve menstrual cramps!
A report suggests that masturbating can actually relieve menstrual cramps by reducing muscle tension - and even help you sleep better!
4. It even helps in overall mental and physical health…
Studies show that masturbation can lower the risk of type-2 diabetes, reduce insomnia through hormonal and tension release and even reduce symptoms of depression by increasing the amount of endorphins in the bloodstream.
5. MOST women do masturbate!
Some may admit it and some probably won’t, but it is a fact that most women masturbate. In fact, according to a survey, 58% of females begin masturbating by the age of 18!
6. Masturbation is one of the highest sources of first orgasms for women!
More women are able to reach climax while masturbating than while having regular sex with a partner! In fact, the chances of women having an orgasm for the first time is 40% higher with masturbation than with other sources.
7. One of the biggest myths about masturbation is that it causes blindness or causes hair to grow on your palms!
Obviously, ladies, NOT true!
8. In fact, masturbation does not have any adverse or negative side effects
As long as it's not interfering with your regular everyday life, you’re good! Masturbation is one of the safest behaviours from a sexual health point of view.
9. Most women who masturbate can have an orgasm...