Needless to mention, sex products are a woman’s best friend because they assist our sexual desires and offer brilliant orgasms – which, let’s be honest, most men can’t. Nevertheless, choosing and buying these articles are so difficult, for women, no matter how essential these are.
We asked women around and asked about their first sex toy shopping experience, and man, their products didn’t ‘cum’ easily! Let’s check these out.
1. “I bought my first vibrator through an offline store. The man, who was standing in the aisle to help, was constantly judging me. I mean, isn’t it why you have opened the shop? He even asked weird questions like where I buy my vibrators generally from and why am I not buying a dildo. I complained about him to the manager and he was shortly fired after that. I still buy my vibrators from them.” -AS
2. “I ordered my first sex toy from an online website and everything was perfect. It even came in discreet packaging. However, the main task was to open it with my parents in the same house. It took me time to find the right chance and I unboxed it when they went out for grocery shopping.” -SO
3. “I loved it. The experience was so smooth and easy. I researched, for weeks, and then ordered the right dildo – my first-ever, pink-hued toy. It came in a tagless brown box and that was the best thing. I still have it and use it quite often.” -RK
4. “I got my first one from a famous sex shop in Amsterdam. The product was sleek, travel-friendly and so frickin’ good. I instantly fell in love with it. The shop was near the red-light area so no one gave a damn about ‘a woman buying a sex toy’, in fact, they helped me in picking the best one for me. It was cheap too.” -SS
5. “I was in college when I decided to buy a sex toy. Since it wasn’t a famous or conventional thing, it wasn’t easy to find one. After weeks of research, I finally found one but it was extremely expensive and didn’t even perform well enough but couldn’t do anything about it. That was the first and the last time I bought a sex toy.” -SG
6. “I ordered mine online. The package was discreet but there was a tag with large text ‘adult toy’ on it. I found it funny. The mailman felt more awkward than I did.” –Anonymous
7. “It was awful. My boyfriend was insistent upon buying me a vibrator for my 21st birthday. I truly hated the feeling of it on my clitoris and hated even more the feeling of him trying to jackhammer me with the thing. I still hate sex toys, they’re not warm like humans, they make my skin crawl.” –JaniePage
8. “I got a rabbit vibrator at my wedding shower. I didn’t use it until my honeymoon with my husband. I was intimidated at first, but I got over that quickly.” –Anonymous
9. “I got my first sex toy in college, thanks to my boyfriend. It was a little shitty bullet. Then, after lots of research, I got a wand and I haven’t looked back.” –Anonymous
10. “My first vibrator-like object was a “back massager” that I bought at a discount shop for $5 when I was 15. A few months later, I bought my first actual vibrator, which was disguised as a rubber duck. I bought my first good vibrator when I was 16 and it kickstarted a years-long love affair.” –celestialism
It’s no easy task to be a woman and ask for pleasure!