Just because we have curves doesn’t mean we have to go up the wall when it comes to shopping! Because, honestly, it is SO difficult to find clothes that really fit like a dream - either they don’t account for the fact that some of us have generously proportioned butts or for the fact that we might just be well-stacked in the bust area! And when we do find clothes that comfortably fit our curves? They tend to sag at the shoulders or be super-loose at the waist! Well, enough is enough. Just so we can spare you some extra aggravation on your next shopping trip, we bring you some amazing brands to keep an eye out for.
Tried and tested, ladies - they won’t disappoint!
1. MangoWhat we love them for: Smart, fitted clothes that won’t feel like they are suffocating you?! Hell, yes, Mango, we LOVE you for those! Special mention: their Curve Sizes section, which has properly generous cuts that work for most Indian body types!POPxo Pick: Mango Pencil Skirt (Rs 4,590)
2. ANDWhat we love them for: The best fit for Western wear! AND they have a huge collection that is available on many platforms to choose from. POPxo Pick: Eve Maxi Dress (Rs 1,250)
3. AnokhiWhat we love them for: Enough breathing room for all your curves without completely hiding them! Find a store here.
4. FabIndiaWhat we love them for: Indian silhouettes for the Indian figure! This is where to shop all your skirts and kurtas from! And we love their comfy pants and beautiful dupattas and stoles too. POPxo Pick: Cotton Asymmetrical Loop Button Slim Fit Long Kurta (Rs 1,590)
5. ASOS CurveWhat we love them for: Yes, you might have to pay customs but it’s totally worth it! They’ve actually got designing for curvy girls down pat! POPxo Pick: ASOS CURVE Utility Pocket Trouser 40
6. Marks & SpencerWhat we love them for: The ultimate destination for lingerie shopping! They always have the bigger sizes in stock unlike other stores. Plus, their formal pants and shirts are supremely flattering without looking baggy in any way. POPxo Pick: Fearne Textured Set with Padded Plunge DD-GG 15
7. Miss Bennett LondonWhat we love them for: Since it’s originally a UK brand, they automatically design for bigger-boned women. That just naturally results in every size having a bit more room for you! The perfect pick for when you’re looking for clothes that hug your body snugly without worrying about not being able to breathe.POPxo Pick: Miss Bennett London Orange Jumpsuits (Rs 650)
8. BibaWhat we love them for: Flattering styles that showcase your curves in the best light! Perfect place to buy your everyday Indian wear, and also those dressy ethnic outfits! POPxo Pick: Biba Red Printed Anarkali (Rs 1,350)
9. New LookWhat we love them for: Their amazing collection of shoes of course! Great news for all those girls who face difficulty find the right fit when it comes to shoes - wider soles for the win!POPxo Pick: NEW LOOK Snake Effect Flatform Sandals (Rs 2,595)
10. Sassy Soda From WestsideWhat we love them for: Do you love your curves and enjoy flaunting them? Sassy Soda is the place for you to shop from then! Perfect for you daily college wear - they have some great prints for you to choose from. The Sassy Soda collection is available at select Westside Stores.
11. Alto Moda From PantaloonsWhat we love them for: It’s feminine, it’s formal, it just for you! Alto Moda designs for the woman who is out and about from morning to night - and if that’s you, you need to be shopping from here.POPxo Pick: Alto Moda By Pantaloons Peach Top (Rs 725)
12. Vero ModaWhat we love them for: Their easy fit styles make the brand a great choice for smart casuals! Their silhouettes are flattering for all body types and that’s just another reason we love them! POPxo Pick: Vero Moda White Flared Skirt (Rs 848)
13. GAPWhat we love them for: They have the a very wide range of sizes and the some of the most comfortable and flattering fabrics for casual wear. They also just launched in India! POPxo Pick: Chambray Shirtdress (Rs 4,835)
14. Levis What we love them for: DENIMS, duh! Thanks to the Curve ID range (Slight, Demi & Curve) - they have so many styles and sizes to offer that everyone can find a pair of jeans from Levis that looks great on them! POPxo Pick: Levi's Blue Jeans (Rs 2,801)
15. Shoppers StopWhat we love them for: The store hosts tons of brands, but their in-house brand isn’t any less! The clothes are affordable and they definitely don’t require you to run for alterations after trying them on. POPxo Pick: Stop Women Sheer Fabric Polka Dot Top (Rs 411)
16. Bare DenimWhat we love them for: Jeans are a major necessity, but so tough to buy when you actually have a ass to fit into them! But Bare Denim will end all of those problems! POPxo Pick: BARE Women's Slim Jeans (Rs 849)
17. Jockey - InnerwearWhat we love them for: Ideal for innerwear, Jockey is the go-to for all curvy women! Especially when you’re looking for the PERFECT sports bra. POPxo Pick: Jockey Premium Comfort Thermal Spaghetti Top (Rs 325) MUST-READ: Love Your Curves: Here’s Some Fab Lingerie That Already Does!MUST-READ: #NotSoSkinny: 6 Celebs Show Us How To Rock Our Curves!