Who doesn’t wish to be uber-fit and in good shape? But we all know that’s easier said than done - just think about the number of workouts you’ve skipped this year!
Our Style Council
members manage to have amazing careers and personal lives, while still finding plenty of time and energy to keep their bodies in enviable shape. Have a look at their fitness resolutions for 2015, if you dream of being just as fit and fabulous as these lovely ladies!
1. Cut it out!
No sugar, no processed food, no white carbs.
At least 5 times a week.
3. Learn a self-defence sport
It's fun to learn and you never know when it can come to your rescue.
- Priyanka Gill, Founder and Editor-in-Chief, POPxo
4. You can't go wrong with yoga
Move from a being a beginner to becoming a competent yogi
- Namrata Bostrom, Co-Founder & CEO, POPxo
5. Mix it up
Although cardio is great for the heart and lungs, excessive mundane training will become less and less effective unless you mix it up. Keep signing up for new classes and challenges!
6. Get primal
When you can't get to the gym, do, at minimum, a short daily workout every morning to engage your body using its own weight, centering your workout around the four essential primal movements - push-ups, pull-ups, squats and planks (which can all be done from the comfort of your home). Even 20 minutes of this 5 times a week will transform and build a strong, lean body overall.
7. Remember to play!
Make fitness fun by assembling a group of friends once a week to engage in some sort of fun group sporting activity and by setting fun challenges that build fitness into your everyday life (like making a bet with your friend to always take the stairs) to keep your mind and body in form.
- Annabel Treon, Strategy Consultant and Freelance Writer
8. Make sure to hit the gym 3 to 4 times a week.
Given my kind of work and lifestyle, I need to stay fit and strong.
9. Always do another form of exercise
It could be jogging, swimming or dancing. It’s great cardio and also keeps you super-fit!
10. Eat healthier
And do not miss meals.
- Anushka Menon, Beauty & Fashion Photographer
11. Get enough shut-eye
Try to clock an average of 7-8 hours of sleep every night.
12. Change your workout routine every month
Interval training and surprising your body by mixing up your routine is the best way to challenge and change your body.
- Apsara Oswal, Founder, MYthology Boutique
13. Walk it!
Try to walk to meetings instead of taking a taxi all the time.
13. Go on a yoga holiday
It's amazing how exercising by the sea can change your entire outlook on it!
- Farzana Baduel, Founder, Curzon PR
14. Get those legs toned
Look forward to wearing your favorite shorts and skirts this year!
15. Schedule and commit to Saturday morning workouts
While it seems unthinkable for some, it can energize the rest of your weekend. (And be surprisingly helpful in sorting out your hangover!)
16. Change the habit of succumbing to laziness!
Whenever you find yourself saying "I'm feeling lazy" immediately do something active and/or schedule a workout session.
17. Go easy on the carbs
Especially at night.
18. Early morning stretching should become a habit
Try it to feel the positive effects.
19. Get your besties to hit the gym with you
It will help keep you motivated.
- Nadia Samdani, Art Connoisseur
20. Find a workout or a teacher who you know will always keep you going.
Think of it like your comfort food. For me, that will always be dance or a barre class!
21. Plan ahead!
Make working out a part of your daily routine. It should not be an option but something you've integrated into your day.
- Payal Kadakia, CEO and Co-Founder, ClassPass
22. Make time for some daily meditation.
It's extremely healthy and so relaxing!
- Rabia Malik, Skin Doctor to the Stars
23. Make use of all the gym memberships you have.
I seem to get them and never go!
- Rosemin Manji, TV Presenter & Luxury Specialist
24. Focus on being healthy
And not skinny!
25. Start the year with a health checkup
As they say, prevention is better than cure.
- Sujata Assomull, Fashion Columnist
MUST-READ: #NY2015: 24 Life Resolutions Every Woman Should Make!
MUST-READ: #NY2015: 29 Career Resolutions Every Woman Should Make!