Look at her! No seriously, stop everything, and just look at Deepika Padukone.
No one pulls-off the #DressOverPants trend better than her, and you know it! Yes, you can wear your flared trousers with a crop top, or your dress with knee-high boots, but why be regular when you can up your #OOTDGame level DP!
Like what she’s wearing? We found a similar Knotted Dress (Rs 2,790) and Purple Trousers (Rs 4,990) on Zara. And the oh-so-different Purple Pumps (Rs 1,499). Get ‘em, already!
Why #DressOverPants Trend?
Whether it’s summer or winter, the dresses over pants trend is just so convenient. And not just Deepika, other Bollywood celebs are doing it too.
Don’t worry if you’re not waxed or if it’s too cold outside. Just like Kriti Sanon, wear your blue jeans, only this time, not with a top (because that’s just too 2016) but with a pretty floral dress, and doll up your lazy days. Casual chic at its best!
We love how Shraddha Kapoor has paired her slash-knee denims with a sheer dress cinched with a belt. It’s classy, sassy, with a hint of badass, and perfect for a party (read New Year’s Eve.)
How To #DressOverPants Like DP?
Pulling off a trend like this is exposed to many risks. You want to look fancy, not funny. Here’s how you can style your outfit:
- If you’re going for a printed dress put your safest bet in a pair of solid or faded trousers.
- Bring your embroidered bottoms into play with solid dresses.
- Carefully select your hemlines. For example, avoid pairing flared/skater dresses with skinny jeans so it doesn’t give the ‘kurta-pyjama’ look and feel. We don’t want that, do we?
- Layering never disappoints. For instance, a slip dress worn over a shirt with straight fit jeans and block heels. Throw on a scarf for that trendy look.
- Belts, corsets and knots go a long way to add shape (and magic.)
What do you think of this trend, ladies? Crush or crash?