We all focus a lot on improving our digestion but don’t always get the best results. A poor digestive system can be caused due to poor gut health and poor lifestyle. When you eat food too quickly or overeat, it could lead to poor digestion. However, ghar ke nuskhe do come in handy when we’re trying to improve our gut health. Nutritionists, health experts and Malaika Arora swear by this home remedy.
She often takes to Instagram to share diet tips or health hacks and this time for #MalaikasTrickOrTip she spoke about the very humble but highly effective fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds. Captioning her IGTV video, she wrote, “These are the magic seeds sitting proper in your kitchen. You simply have to unlock their magic and see the distinction your self.”
Raving about the detox drink, she said, “I’ve been utilizing this for a few years. It helps in case one feels uneasy or heartburn within the morning. Fenugreek seeds (methi daana) and cumin seeds (jeera) have superb well being advantages and intestine therapeutic properties. Soaked in water in a single day and consuming it within the morning helps in flushing out the dangerous toxins out of your physique and it helps in bettering your bowel motion.”
Watch the video here:
Recipe For The Detox Drink
1 heaped tsp – Fenugreek seeds
1 heaped tsp – Cumin seeds
1 glass jar
Put the seeds in water and soak them overnight.
Next morning, strain mixture and drink the water.
Benefits Of Fenugreek Seeds And Cumin Seeds
- Fenugreek helps lower cholesterol especially the bad LDL levels in the body.
- The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of fenugreek seeds help reduce joint pain for patients suffering from arthritis.
- It helps people with digestive issues and stomach ulcers. It works as a natural lubricant for your stomach and soothes the intestines and the gastric tract.
- Fenugreek also aids in weight loss. The seeds prevent the accumulation of fat in the body and improve your metabolism.
- Fenugreek seeds are also capable of reversing any damage alcohol causes to your liver.
- The consumption of fenugreek powder during periods helps to alleviate menstrual cramps and other symptoms associated with menstruation like headaches and nausea.
- It moisturises skin and wards off any fungal infections that cause acne and other skin woes. The diosgenin present in fenugreek has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
- Helps with anti-ageing. A mixture of fenugreek seeds and yoghurt helps keep wrinkles and fine lines at bay.
- If you want to reduce blemishes and dark circles, fenugreek seeds are worth a try. They contain vitamin K and vitamin C that helps to reduce undereye darkening.
- Jeera water is loaded with antioxidants that boost your metabolism and boost your immunity, like green and white tea.
- Black cumin seeds are filled with nutrients, including carbohydrates, protein and fat which help nourish your hair. Hence, these seeds are also used in homemade hair masks and remedies.
- Drinking jeera water also helps with reducing dandruff and having a healthier scalp.
- Having a glass of jeera water first thing in the morning is the best thing you can do for your skin as it clears out the toxins of your body.
- It also contains Vitamin A and E that help make your skin clearer and smoother.
- It even has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which will help you if you suffer from regular skin boils, eczema, and other medical skin disorders.
So ready to have Malaika Arora’s secret detox drink first thing in the morning? We know we are totally sold!
Image Source: Instagram