Everyone has a way of acknowledging singlehood. Some welcome it with cocktails, some don’t appreciate the perk of being the boss of both sides of the bed and others try to look at the positives of it all. Contrary to what is believed, being single makes you a stronger person, not weaker.
The prime idea in the ‘school of love’ is to learn to love and respect yourself before you love anybody else. As a single woman, you have more time, capacity, energy, patience and understanding to do so. Being single is rather rewarding. And if you have understood that notion, these relatable quotes will make your day and heart feel much better about your choices.
1. “I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up all alone, it’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel alone.” – Robin Williams
2. “I was told I was dangerous…I asked why? They said, because you don’t need anyone. That’s when I smiled.” – The Idealist
3. “I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You’re not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.” – Horacio Jones
4. “When I choose to remove someone from my life, it doesn’t mean that I hate them. It means I respect myself.” – Tiny Buddha
5. “Some women choose to follow men and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you’re wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn’t love you anymore.” – Lady Gaga
6. “She is a strong cup of black coffee in a world that is drunk on the cheap wine of shallow love.” – J.M. Storm
7. “I’ve been single for a while and I have to say, It’s going really well. Like…It’s working out. I think I’m the one.” – Emily Hunter
8. “I’m still learning to love the parts of myself that no one claps for.” – Rudy Francisco
9. “I like being single, I’m always there when I need me.” – Art Leo
10. “Our first job in life as women is to get to know ourselves. I think a lot of times we don’t do that. We spend our time pleasing, satisfying, looking out into the world to define who we are; listening to the messages, the images, the limited definitions that people have of who we are.” – Michelle Obama
11. “Being single doesn’t mean your weak. It means your strong enough to wait for what you deserve.” – Niall Horan
12. “I don’t need Prince Charming to have my own happy ending.” – Katy Perry
13. “You deserve the world even if it means giving it to yourself.” – R.H. Sin
14. “I don’t need to be in a relationship to be told how beautiful, pretty and sexy I am. I already know that.” – Mandy Hale
15. “A woman with a beautiful smile is attractive, but a strong woman with a beautiful mind is addictive.” – Mr. Amari Soul
Go on, make your favourite one your WhatsApp status or share them with your friend who would relate to it!
GIFs: Giphy, Tumblr
Featured Image Source: YouTube
Love all things colourful and cute? Take it up a POP with POPxo Shop‘s collection of super fun mugs, phone covers, cushions, laptop sleeves and more!