It’s finally Fri-yay 💃 Ah, can you hear that? That’s the weekend calling out my name.
What are your weekend plans? Staying at home, doing absolutely nothing? You and everyone else in the world! I don’t know about you guys but it has been a while since I dedicated an entire day to me. After all, self-care isn’t selfish it’s necessary!
Ready to do something extremely spa-cial for yourself? We bet you are!
But first, grab a few things…
– Gather some essential oils (lavender, peppermint, preferably eucalyptus), diffuser, candles, incense sticks, multiple hand towels, comply slippers, gossip magazines face mask, steamer, body lotion, a tiny tub and the fluffiest bathrobe you can find.
– Dim the lights and play some relaxing music to set the *mood*
– Light some candles and incense sticks.
– Put some essential oil in a diffuser. If you do not have a diffuser, boil some water in a pan and add a few drops of essential oil to it.
– Change into your bathrobe.
Now that your *spa at home* is ready, time to pamper yourself ❤️
PS: No phones allowed after this point 🚫
Remember sipping on the detox water while you had a great spa day? Time to prepare one just like that.
In a pitcher, add a few mint leaves, sliced up strawberries, lemon, and cucumber and leave it for an hour or so. Serve it to yourself in a fancy glass or in a mason jar. You can also replace lemon with blueberries to make really delish detox water.
Tie your hair up in a bun as it’s time to clean those pores! Steam your face for 5 minutes and enjoy while the hot steam does the dirty work. This will not only awaken your skin but will also help get rid of acne and blackheads.
Now that your pores are open, it’s time to cleanse them. Put on a mud face pack and let it sit for 20-30 minutes. Choose a face mask pertaining to your skin issue and let it work its magic.
Wash your face and pat it dry.
A nice foot soak is so relaxing, isn’t it? Leave all your worries behind and just relax.
While you are enjoying your mask time, pour some hot water in a portable tub and fill it with lukewarm water. Add bath or Epsom salts in it and a few drops of essential oil. You can also drop a bath bomb for some fun. Take this time out to give yourself a mani-pedi.
Time to do a DIY hair spa!
– First, treat your mane to a hot oil session by microwaving some hair oil and massaging it into your hair.
– Next, dip a towel in warm water, squeeze out the extra water. Wrap it around your head and keep it for ten minutes. This will allow the oil to penetrate even deeper into the hair.
– Get up as it’s time to take a shower!
Slip off your bathrobe and get in the shower.
Enjoy the water running on your body. Wash your mane with a mild shampoo. Use a body nice smelling scrub to exfoliate yourself from head to toe. Light some scented candles in the bathroom or place that diffuser here to set the mood.
Once done, wrap your wrap in the bathrobe again and come back to your spa destination (your room).
Apply some body lotion & pamper your hair with some hair serum. Smack on a sheet mask or put on your favourite moisturiser to make your skin glow.
PS: We know what you’ll be doing tomorrow 😉❤️
Featured Image: Freepik