If you love how radiant and youthful Barkha Singh looks, you’re probably eager as hell to find out her beauty secrets. The TV star is a fan of simple skincare solutions and home remedies are her absolute favourite.
When talking about skincare, Barkha revealed that one of her favourite home remedies for glowing skin is this simple DIY face pack that makes use of common kitchen ingredients. Read on to find out all about it.
What Is Barkha Singh’s Home Remedy For Glowing Skin?
Barkha revealed that one of her favourite face packs is actually a homemade exfoliating face mask made from orange peel powder, lemon juice, rose water, sugar, and honey. Barkha also said, “Please do a test behind your ear or something to see that you’re not allergic to anything. If you’re not, go right ahead and use them,” because while home remedies are great some ingredients might not be suitable for certain skin types.
Barkha recommends leaving the mask on for 10 minutes before washing it off, after which she said, “My skin feels all amazing and citrusy and really, really fresh.”
Benefits Of Barkha Singh’s Homemade Face Mask
- It contains loads of citrus thanks to orange peel powder and lemon juice. This also means that this pack is loaded with vitamin C and antioxidants.
- The mask doubles as a face scrub because it has granular sugar and orange peel powder to gently exfoliate the skin.
- It helps fade dark spots and lighten discolouration caused by sun damage.
- Honey is a natural humectant with antiseptic properties that keeps the skin clear and moisturised.
- Rose water in this face mask has the ability to soothe irritation and also balance the skin’s pH levels.
How To Make Barkha Singh’s DIY Face Mask
Add 2 tablespoons orange peel powder, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, ½ tablespoon rose water, and 1 teaspoon honey to a bowl and mix with a spoon to form a thick paste. Apply this on the face and leave it on for ten minutes. When it’s time to wash it off, wet your fingers and massage in circular motions so as to gently exfoliate the skin. Wash off the mask with a gentle face wash and apply an SPF-infused moisturiser.
One of the best gentle face washes to use after a homemade face pack is the MyGlamm SUPERFOODS Watermelon & Raspberry Face Wash because it contains natural ingredients.
My go-to moisturiser to hydrate and protect my skin from sun damage after a face mask is the Quench Birch Please Hydro Fresh Daily Moisturizer UVA, UVB Rays & SPF 40+ PA+++.
You can now glow just like Barkha Singh with the help of her citrusy homemade face mask.
Featured Images: Instagram