The Real Reason Why You Face Excessive Hairfall In Monsoons
Monsoons in Mumbai are a real pain! Never-ending traffic jams, meteor-like potholes, mucky footpaths, and bad hair days. This monsoon season, however, was the worst for my hair and skin. My hair started falling out in clumps and my skin started breaking out too. I was in a soup, even till now I am. I started blaming my hair products, diet and lifestyle for my hairfall. After having a little chat with my trichologist, I was relieved to know that it majorly had to do with the weather. *Warning: this picture may creep you out a little*
Also Read: How to increase density of hair
I easily shed 200+ strands a day! (Trust me it’s very embarrassing when friends, maid and colleagues point that out). Now that you know what I’m going through, I want you to know that most women with curly and wavy hair experience plenty of hairfall during the rainy season. You see, when it pours, the humidity rises and the dirty acidic rainwater makes your scalp itchy and hair dry and brittle. Stay away from hair gels, creams and mousses because they make your hair greasy and oily.
Also Read: Hair Fall Control Diet
Here’s what you can do though!
1. Always keep your hair dry. Don’t let it get wet in the rain. Wear a scarf, tie your hair up into a high bun or pony when it’s pouring, put on your raincoat. Basically, try to keep your hair and scalp dry.
2. Avoid oiling your hair every day. Once a week is more than enough.
3. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking lots of water. 8-12 glasses of water a day should do the trick. This will benefit both, hair and skin.
4. If hair is dripping wet, don’t tie it up. Leave it open and let it air-dry. If you comb wet hair, it is vulnerable to breakage.
5. Use an old tee or a microfiber towel to dry your hair.
6. You can skip the shampoo, but not the conditioner. Use a wide-tooth comb to spread the conditioner well. It’ll keep your locks soft and nourished.
7. Junk food and caffeine can lead to dehydration. You need to eat foods that are packed with minerals, water, vitamins and proteins. (Rajma and rice is the ultimate comfort food EVER!)
8. If your hair still falls after this, please fix an appointment with a trichologist at the earliest. Good luck!
Featured Image: Shutterstock
AWESOME NEWS! POPxo SHOP is now Open! Get 25% off on all the super fun mugs, phone covers, cushions, laptop sleeves, and more! Use coupon code POPXOFIRST.