Also known as the Holy Day, Good Friday is the day that immediately precedes the Easter Sunday. Traditionally celebrated as the day on which Jesus Christ was crucified, Good Friday is observed during the Holy Week, which culminates on Easter Sunday. Regardless of its dark story, Good Friday celebrates Jesus Christ and his compassion towards his disciples. And just like we already have information on easter wishes and quotes, here we have got some Good Friday Quotes 2022 for you. So, go ahead and share these blessed happy good friday quotes and good friday quotes images with your family and friends on the holy day.
Table of Content
Good Friday Quotes
Good Friday Bible Quotes
Facts About Good Friday
Good Friday Quotes
Like every other holy day, Good Friday is never complete without sending blessed good friday quotes to those near and dear ones. So here are some happy Good Friday quotes to make others feel blessed.
- “This holy day marks the slaying of our Lord Jesus, the unblemished lamb that was the perfect sacrifice. He took our guilt and blame upon Himself, only so we could be with Him.”
- “It’s Good Friday, good because the events that happened 2000 years ago still prove that we matter to God.” (Happy Good friday quotes)
- “No pain, no palm; no thorns, no throne, no gall, no glory, no cross, no crown.”
- “Good Friday, a day for some to remember our saviour who died on the cross for us.”
- “Take a promise to love, forgive, and live the life with full of peace on this Good Friday.”
- “Praying and hoping that the blessing of God is always upon us, on this Good Friday!”
- “Very thankful for the many blessings the Lord has given me, Love you, Lord. Happy Good Friday.” (Good friday quotes)
- “Good Friday is about to come, a historical day which is celebrated as the day Jesus sacrificed Himself for our sins.”
- “If Christ is God, He cannot sin, and if suffering was a sin in and by itself, He could not have suffered and died for us. However, since He took the most horrific death to redeem us, He showed us in fact that suffering and pain have great power.”
- “God proved his love on the cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, ‘I Love You!’ ”
- “In his last supper, Jesus gave his body and blood for us! Let us remember this beautiful act of the Lord on this Good Friday.”
- “You are blessed to be given another chance to live. Make use of it and be a blessing just like what Jesus Christ was to us.” (Happy Good friday quotes)
- “May we start this Good Friday with prayers and fasting so that we can bring God’s mercy and forgiveness on all mankind.”
- “Mercy, peace, and love. May the grace and Lord surround you and be with you on Good Friday.”
- “We are blessed because Lord loves us. He was born for us and sacrificed his life for us. It’s a day to be grateful to our Lord for every pain he bore for us on silence.”
- “On this holy day of Good Friday, our Lord made a great sacrifice and freed us all from our sins. Let us pause and take a moment to thank our Lord for all the love that he has blessed us with.”
- “God is immensely kind and loving, and so sent Jesus to us, his blood, to be crucified to free humankind from all the sins in life. On this day, let us be thankful to our kind and forgiving Lord.” (Good friday quotes)
- “May the thoughts of the holy sacrifice of our sweet Lord clear your mind and fill it with hope and determination for a better life. Have a blissful Good Friday!”
- “May the love of Jesus fill your heart with heavenly bliss and holy desires for now and forever. Wishing you a blessed Good Friday!”
- “The unconditional love of Jesus for us is the biggest motivator for doing good things in life and being a good person in life. Happy Good Friday!”
- May all of us be blessed with the goodness of Good Friday on this auspicious day and always.
- It is the resurrection that makes Good Friday good.” – Ravi Zacharias
Also Read: Good Friday Wishes & Messages
Now that you’ve read Good Friday quotes, let’s now have a look at Good Friday bible quotes & verses for family that you can share with your loved ones.
Good Friday Bible Quotes and Verses
Want to know more about good friday through bible verses? Here we have got you good friday bible quotes and verses that’ll enlighten you. You can also share these good friday prayer quotes also known as blessed friday quotes with your loved ones to bless their day with the love of jesus.
- because he was teaching his disciples. He said to them, “The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men. They will kill him, and after three days he will rise.” – Mark 9:31
- “Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.
In you, O LORD, I take refuge;
let me never be put to shame.
In your justice rescue me.
Into your hands I commend my spirit;
you will redeem me, O LORD, O faithful God.” – Psalm 31
- “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.” – 1 Peter 2:24
- “See, my servant shall prosper, he shall be raised high and greatly exalted.” – Isaiah 52:13 (Good friday quotes from bible)
- For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit. – 1 Peter 3:18
- “Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.” – I Peter, 2:24
- For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. – Matthew 12:40
- “Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.’” – John 11:25-26
- who will mock him and spit on him, flog him and kill him. Three days later he will rise.” – Mark 10:34
- “God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son.” – John 3:16
- “By the cross we, too, are crucified with Christ; but alive in Christ. We are no more rebels, but servants; no more servants, but sons!” – Frederic William Farrar
- “So shall we join the disciples of our Lord, keeping faith in Him in spite of the crucifixion, and making ready, by our loyalty to Him in the days of His darkness, for the time when we shall enter into His triumph in the days of His light.” -Phillips Brooks (Happy Good friday quotes from bible)
- See, my servant shall prosper, he shall be raised high and greatly exalted.– Isaiah 52:13
- Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.”– I Peter, 2:24
Now that we’ve blessed your feed with Good Friday blessing quotes, checkout some interesting Good Friday facts.
Also Read: Good Friday Tradition & Significance
Some Good Friday Facts You Didn’t Know About
While there are a lot of Good Friday wishes quotes that you can share with your near and dear ones as mentioned in our ‘good friday quotation’ section mentioned above, here are some Good Friday facts for those who don’t know why and how good friday day is celebrated.
Crucifixion of Jesus
Good Friday is observed on the day on which Jesus was found, trailed, crucified, and buried. The Bible states the entire series of events that took place on this day. Jesus was found at his hiding place, from where he was taken to stand in a trial. Despite being proven innocent by the Roman governor, the people of that time still demanded Jesus be executed. So, he was nailed to a cross and was left to hang until he died, after which he was buried.
How Good Friday Is Observed
Unlike other Christian holidays, a mass is not held at the church on Good Friday. The churches are without any decorations, and neither do the devotees wish and greet each other as they do on other important occasions. Instead, a cross is placed in plain view of everyone at the Church, where everyone can come and pay their respects.
Now that you know all the facts about this holy day, go ahead and wish your loved ones by sending Good Friday quotes (Good friday quotation) also known as holy cross quotes.
Also Read: Why Christians Observe Good Friday