Manushi Chhillar, who was crowned Femina Miss India 2017, succeeded Priyanka Chopra after 17 long years by winning the coveted Miss World 2017 title. This made her the sixth Indian woman to ever win the title.
We have to accept that she is already mesmerising the world with her #GirlPower moments. Clearly, all of this doesn’t happen overnight, and while her brains are par excellence, her body gives us resolutions for 2018! It takes a lot to attain and maintain a healthy figure and in case of Chhillar, it takes six meals to get that bod.
A balanced diet and exercise is the key to both, great looks and good health. A fine blend of both helps a contestant feel confident and comfortable on stage. So, what all does this fit-mix include? Arushi Verma, Co-Founder of FITPASS, and celebrity nutritionist Nmami Agarwal, who is also the fitness guru for Chhillar shared some tips with Times Now on how to maintain a fit body:
1. Avoid skipping breakfast.
2. Eat regular meals that are divided into smaller portions.
3. Avoid sugar at all costs (brown sugar, jaggery are better options).
4. While travelling, order a salad with your meal with low-fat dressing.
5. Practise yoga regularly.
6. Make sure you stretch for a warm-up as it eliminates pain, inflammation and internal scar tissue formation.
7. Squats is one exercise that is for muscles but also increases core body strength and improves circulation.
8. The best way to de-stress is to go for a run or just start dancing to your favourite tunes.
9. Make sure you get 7-8 hours of snooze time.
10. Drink at least 8-12 glasses of water every day.
Nmami Agarwal shared with TOI, “Maintaining a healthy relationship with your body is the key to staying fit. Skipping a meal or intermittent fasting will do no good to the body. Hence, for Manushi, I wanted her diet plan and workout to go hand-in-hand and wanted to ensure that she reaps complete benefits out of her fitness program.” Here is the customised diet plan designed for Chhillar by nutritionist, Nmami Agarwal.
Ready to revise your plan of action? Go ahead!
Featured Image: Manushi Chhillar on Instagram