So, we all know this situation a bit too well! You’ve started dating a guy you really like. Things are going well – so well, actually, that he wants you to meet his best friend! You’re ecstatic, over the moon even – until you realize that this elusive bestie that he’s been talking about for so many weeks is, in fact, not a dude…but a girl! We bring you 27 thoughts that cross our mind when we have to deal with our bae’s “bae”. (Don’t worry, you’re not alone – we’ve all been there!)
1. Why is he so close to another girl?
2. Am I not his best friend then?
3. Wait, if “pyaar dosti hai”, am I TINA in this whole thing?
4. Are they going to get together if we break up?
5. Okay, I shouldn’t get paranoid. I trust him…
6. But can I trust HER?
7. Um, do they have a past that I know nothing about?
8. Hmm. How can I ask him this without sounding completely hysterical?
9. She better not think I’m jealous of her!
10. I wonder if she’s jealous of me… I think she might be.
11. Is that just because I’m fabulous (!) or because she wants to be more than friends with him?
12. Hmm. Maybe I should become friends with her too. You know what they say, keep your enemies closer…
13. Argh, should I just tell him that it makes me uncomfortable that she’s always around?
14. No, no – that would just make me sound crazy paranoid and he’d be all “Whaaa?”
15. And I’ll just have to feel all guilty about being jealous over nothing.
16. I guess he’s known her longer than he’s known me, and they haven’t got together (yet) – so maybe they ARE just friends after all…
17. I bet she has a crush on him – he’s so cute!
18. OMG, is she his “substitute” girlfriend when I’m out of town?
19. Why doesn’t she have a boyfriend???
20. I should set her up!
21. Dammit, I wish I had more guy friends to set her up with.
22. I should start hanging out with guys all the time, see how he’d feel!
23. Whatever, he loves ME. And she’s not that bad, I guess.
24. It’s nice to have another girl around when we’re at parties with his other friends.
25. And she DOES always offer to drop me home.
26. Maybe she’s just a really nice girl and that’s why they’re best friends…
27. (Though I really do wish she’d start seeing someone!)