As a kid, Children's Day was one of my favourite celebrations. I remember dressing up like my favourite teacher, not having any classes at school, receiving goodies and going on fun day-trips with my classmates! But did you know that Children's Day is celebrated on November 14 every year as an ode to our first Prime Minister, Jawahar Lal Nehru, whose birthday fell on the same day? Nehru was also fondly known as 'chacha Nehru' among kids, due to his affection and affinity towards children.
I always felt very special when someone wished me 'Happy Children's Day' every year. Want to make the kids in your life feel the same? We'll help you take your wishes to the next level because it's 2019 and a simple wish just won't do! Check out these 44 quotes about children's day.
Here are some quotes that will warm up the hearts of not just children, but also every adult you know :)
1. "It’s not our job to toughen our children up to face a cruel and heartless world. It’s our job to raise children who will make the world a little less cruel and heartless." – L.R Knost
2. "Every child born into the world is a new thought of God, an ever-fresh and radiant possibility." – Kate Douglas Wiggin
3. "Childhood is an enchanting vista, endless fun, a joyful classroom, an experience, an era of imagination, an artistic journey, an ode to love and a happy moment." – Anonymous
4. "We cannot fashion our children after our desires. We must have them and love them as God has given them to us." – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
5. "To me, there is no picture so beautiful as smiling, bright-eyed, happy children; no music so sweet as their clear and ringing laughter." – P. T. Barnum
6. "Every child is an artist, the problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." – Pablo Picasso
7. "A child can always teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, to be always busy with something and know how to demand with all his might what you want." – Paulo Coelho
8. "The soul is healed by being with children." – Fyodor Dostoyevsky
9. "Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see." – John W. Whitehead
10. "Let us sacrifice our today so that our children can have a better tomorrow." – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
11. "The child is a father to the man." -William Wordsworth
12. "Hugs can do great amounts of good — especially for children." – Princess Diana
13. "Every time a child is saved from the dark side of life, every time one of us makes the effort to make a difference in a child’s life, we add light and healing to our own lives." – Oprah Winfrey
14. "There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million." -Walt Streightiff
15. "There can be no keener revelation of a society's soul than the way in which it treats its children." – Nelson Mandela
Parents are probably the first ones to wish their kids on children's day. Here we have compiled a list of children's day wishes from parents to brighten up your little ones day.
16. Childhood is an enchanting period, no worries, no responsibilities. Enjoy it while it lasts dear child.
17. The most precious thing in this world is a smile on the face of a child. Happy children’s day. You’re so special to us!
18. May you never lose the joy of childhood, may it accompany you into adulthood and stay with you for the rest of your life.
19. All our sacrifices and hard works are for making this world a beautiful place for you. You are everything to us. Happy children’s day.
20. May you grow up to be what we could never be. May you surpass every one of our expectations.
21. Our every today is spent in building a beautiful tomorrow for you. Your happiness means the most to us. Wishing you a happy children’s day!
22. Your coming into our home is a tremendous blessing we are thankful for. We will always do our best to ensure that you have the life you deserve.
23. We feel proud all the time for having you as our child. You can make all our pains go away with just a little smile of yours.
24. Our world is so much more colourful because we have wonderful children like you.
25. Our greatest pleasure lies in bringing smiles on your face and creating some moments for you to remember in the future.
26. There are only two lasting gifts we should give to our children--one is roots and the second is wings.
27. You never become old, if you carry your childhood with you. Wish you a happy children’s Day!
28. On this very special day, we look forward to spending some really mesmerizing moments with you because you’re so special to us.
29. Nothing will make us happier than watching you grow up to be even a better human being than we are. All the good wishes to you on this day!
30. If money could buy happiness, everyone would go back to their childhood with all the money they have. Childhood is awesome like every child is.
Being a teacher is very fulfilling because you get to nurture and watch your students grow, and you care for them just as much as you would for your own. Send these wishes to your students to put a smile on their face!
31. A child can always teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, to be always busy with something and know how to demand with all his might what you want.
32. If we want to see our future filled with happiness and harmony, we must teach our kids to be a good human being more than anything else.
33. Every child is a miracle with each having their own ways make this world a beautiful place for us. Happy children’s day to every child in the world!
34. We may be your teachers but we also have a lot more things to learn from you, especially, how to laugh with all your hearts.
35. Children should be taught how to be a good human being than how to be rich. A very warm wish for every kid on this very special day!
36. On this very special day, let us all celebrate the innocence and purity of our kids. Let them feel precious in every way that we can. Because they are our future!
37. Children carry the hopes for our brighter tomorrow and the dreams of our happy future. Wishing a very enjoyable children's day for all my students.
38. The sweetest period of anyone’s life is their childhood. A very happy children’s day. Spend this day with unlimited fun!
39. The earth reveals its innocence through the smiles of children. A very warm wish for all the children on this special day.
40. If money could buy happiness, everyone would go back to their childhood with all the money they have. Childhood is awesome like every child is.
41. Let’s join hands this children’s day...To make this world a safer and beautiful place for the little ones!
42. When I was a kid, all I wanted was to become old, irony! Now all I want is to go back to my childhood days.
43. You are the future... You are the hope for a better tomorrow...You are the symbols of promise...
44. A child can always teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, to be always busy with something and know how to demand with all his might what you want. Happy children's day!
So go ahead and make all the kids in your life smile with your sweet wishes!
Introducing #POPxoEverydayBeauty - POPxo Shop's collection of skin, bath & body, and hair products that are fun, effective and 100% fuss-free. To celebrate, we’re giving everyone 25% off on pre-orders so head to POPxo.com/beautyshop and take your beauty routine up a POP!