Senior Fashion Writer
We’ve all been at that stage where our father’s opinion about our outfit was a big deal! And even today, things aren’t all that different… After all, aren’t we all daddy's little princesses, no matter how old we get? But a girl’s trend-led take on fashion doesn’t always align with her father’s opinions. Since we’re all quite familiar with the naive yet amusing things our fathers say about our outfits, we got 13 women to share the funniest things their fathers have said to them! Read on…
1. ‘Stop wearing my shirts!’ Women wearing men’s shirts was a trend that season. - Ruchira Bose, Managing Editor
2. *Looks at my tube top* ‘Why are you wearing a napkin? Go change into a towel at least!’ - Priyanka Ghura, Beauty Editor
3. ‘You look like a Bonsai tree.’ I was wearing a green dress with ruffles. - Nancy Varghese, Travel Writer
4. ‘If you spent SO much money on the gown, you could have spent a little extra for the back’ my father said, reacting to the backless gown I wore for my brother’s wedding. Still says the same EVERY time he sees that gown! - Srishti Gupta, Senior Lifestyle Writer
5. ‘You better wear stockings under those shorts if you don't wish to get eaten up by mosquitoes’, he said this to me when I was going to the movies! - Sumona Bose, Fashion Writer
6. *Looks at my distressed jeans* ‘When do you want to go shopping? I really think you need a new pair of jeans.’ - Srishti Sabharwal, Senior Fashion Writer
7. ‘Padhne likhne wale bache keep it simple’ (Educated girls keep it simple.) My dad said this to me when I was dressed in a pretty anarkali for a wedding. Who doesn’t like dressing up for weddings?! - Apoorva Poonia, Trending Writer
8. ‘Are you sure that you want to buy this outfit for such a high price? After all, so little fabric has been used to make this dress’ - every time I ask for his opinion while shopping! - Kriti Manchanda, QA Intern
9. ‘You are wearing THAT to work? Are you going to work or to meet friends? EVERY SINGLE TIME I wear a jeans and t-shirt combo. - Kannagi Desai, Junior Beauty Editor
10. ‘Ismei kapda to use hi nahi hua, fir kis baat ke 2,000 rupay?’ (There’s hardly any fabric used in this. What have they charged you Rs 2,000 for?) for my tube crop top. - Sumedha Sahni, Social Media Coordinator
11. ‘Ekdum tent lag raha hai’ (It’s looking exactly like a tent) for my gorgeous anarkali suit. No wonder I never wore it again! - Manvi Malhotra, Senior Wedding Writer
12. ‘Beta peechhe se sab dikh raha hai!’ (Everything is visible from behind!) when I was wearing a top that had a back slit. -Shambhavi Mehrotra, Community Associate
13. ‘Beta, baaki ka kaha hai?’ (Where’s the rest of your outfit?) on seeing me in a shirt dress. - Shraddha Gurung, Assistant Producer, Beauty
14. ‘You shouldn’t have bought this online… it is way shorter than it seems!’- Kaveri Waghela, Junior Wedding Editor
15. ‘Why do your pants have such big holes in them? Who tore them?!’ *Looks at my ripped jeans while I facepalm away* - Sharon Alphonso, Lifestyle & Beauty Writer
Sign in to POPxo World
India’s largest platform for women
Read. Watch. Shop. Hangout.
Sign up for POPxo World!
Sign in to see the latest in life-changing products, empowering stories and infinitely amusing videos!