Remember your hitchhiking days to the bakery in the evening for hot and fresh chocolate eclairs?! Wondered how to make chocolate eclairs at home? The smell of oozing chocolate mixed with cream, the crunchiness of the puff pastry, ah, those were the days! Heck, we couldn’t even wait for the chocolate to cool! This easy recipe for making chocolate eclairs will bring back those sweet days of nostalgia right in your kitchen! This one’s for all the kids (and the kids at heart)…
½ cup water
¼ cup butter
1 tsp sugar
½ cup flour
2 eggs + extra for egg wash
¼ cup whipping cream
¼ cup melted chocolate
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Set aside. Preheat oven to 220 C.
- In a medium saucepan, mix water, butter, and sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and add flour. Cook for a minute.
- Remove from heat and add in the eggs, one by one, beating after each addition. The dough should be thick and glossy but should come off the beater slowly.
- Pipe thick even lengths of dough onto the tray. Brush with egg wash and smoothen out the top.
- Bake for 15 mins. Reduce the temperature to 190 C and bake for another 25 mins or until golden brown. Do not open the oven door while baking.
- Let them cool.
- Whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Poke a small hole at the end of the eclair. Fill with the whipped cream.
- Pour the melted chocolate on top. Let it cool until the chocolate hardens.
Gobble them yummy chocolate eclairs before it’s gone! Hope you have learnt how to make chocolate eclairs at home with this easy recipe.
For more such videos, do subscribe to POPxo Yum here.