Bridal poses are no longer restricted to the eyes down, acting coy, controlled smiling kind. In fact, you should totally steer clear of the regular ones! After all, don’t you want a bridal portfolio that’s totally unique and one that you would want to show off to your friends over and over again?! To help you with this, we’ve got 18 solo poses for brides for wedding photography by real brides themselves! And trust us, one look at these pictures and you’ll want to do just the same.
Best Poses For BridesGoing to be a bride real soon? Here are 18 best poses for brides that will surely make you look amazing in your wedding album.
1. Get into that bathtub!Image: Morvi Images on InstagramOmg! Just look at this picture. The bride looks straight out of a Hollywood movie, doesn't she?! If you’ve booked a room at the venue you’re getting married and it happens to have a tub, then girl, you’ve totally got to do this. If not, think on the same lines and maybe try sinking into the bed in a similar pose or a plush sofa chair would work too. This Indian bridal pose for photography is truly breathtaking.
2. Jump up high!Image: Weddingrams
Happy brides are the prettiest and our real bride here just proves that with this exclusive bridal pose for photoshoot. Look at her all decked up in her wedding lehenga and jumping up high in the air. Obviously, she’s got her shoes on and you could totally do it wearing juttis. Don’t forget to flash your brightest smile ever!
3. Get in the grooveImage: Retina Charmer Photography
Won’t you just love yourself looking all stunning in your bridal avatar? Well, it’s time to show it in your pictures too! While we’ve seen a lot of pictures with brides looking into the mirror… This one just looks so much more real! Put on those sunnies and go with the coolest ever expression that comes to you naturally.
4. When time stands stillImage: Morvi Images
Absolutely mesmerizing… The bride, her candid expression and the bridal pose for photoshoot that never disappoints. If you want a natural image like the one above, then just start walking with your back to the photographer and turn ever so slightly when he/ she gives you the cue. Such a beautiful capture indeed.
5. Something sensualImage: Rahul de Cunha Pictures on Instagram
Hey bride-to-be, please pose like this, for us? Such a dreamy capture. We love how the focus is on the bride's beautiful eyes while she holds her net dupatta in front of her. Plus, the black and white filter just makes it look even more sensual.
6. The all important twirl!Image: Rahul De Cunha Pictures
Because brides totally have to twirl in their lehenga. Such a fun, happy picture this is! Spread out those hands, flash that gorgeous smile and let the camera capture your excitement and of course, your stunning wedding lehenga. This is an indeed one of the most captivating Indian bridal pose for photography.
7. Celeb feels!Image: Morvi Images
With just a tiny bit of help from your besties, strike a pose that totally reflects your state of mind… You know, feeling almost like a celebrity! We love how fun and relatable this pose is. And if there’s one thing we can guarantee, it’s the fact that this is going to be your FB cover picture for a long time.
8. Girl’s got swagger!Image: WeddingNama
Oh, just look at her posing like that! About time you too do away with the regular poses and take a lesson or two from this totally stylish bride! She’s like totally owning the photo with that pose and her attitude. This one, we say, you’ve got to try!
9. The walk…Image: Rahul De Cunha Pictures
If you’ve got stairs anywhere at your shaadi venue, make sure you make good use of them. Get a picture clicked walking down the stairs and don’t forget to lift up your lehenga or gown ever so lightly so all those layers are visible. Trust us, it looks super pretty!
10. Chai time!Image: Cupcake ProductionsThere are just so many getting ready pictures that will be clicked. And one of the most compelling Indian bridal poses for photography is the one with you sipping on your tonic… Be it chai or coffee! Even better if you can get yourself a personalized ‘Bride’ mug.
11. The Mirror PoseImage: WeddingNamaBefore bride goes ahead for the pheras and vows, it is a picture to be clicked then. This type of picture captures the reflective and personal moment. The pose for the picture can be simple, classy or flashy depending on the type of wedding photography.
12. The One With Your PetImage: InstagramPets are totally adorable and special, when a bride leaves the home, it is the time to say bye (for a while) to her pet as well which is a really emotional moment for any bride. So, get a picture clicked with your pet using the best of poses for pics. The picture can be a total emotional or even a fun picture doing those wedding photography poses saying ‘I will miss you’.
13. Dupatta/Veil PoseImage: Cupcake ProductionsA veil pose looks extremely gorgeous for bridal photos in which the bride looks no less than an angel. It is one of the best bridal poses for photography. Be it the veil or the ghoongat with the dupatta, this photograph where bride looks all shy and blushing, is so royal and gorgeous to get on your wedding album or even the Facebook profile picture. Let the heavy embroidery on the dupatta flatter and that sweet smile underneath the ghoongat shine. Well, if you are not planning to take ghoongat on your wedding, then doing it for a picture will surely be worth it.
14. Bollywood Style
Image: Banga StudiosDoing something Bollywood style on Indian wedding is a must as everyone loves Bollywood, and we are sure that you love it too. So, go for a Bollywood style pose in that bridal lehenga. Do not shy and let your dupatta fly up and make a pose as if you are carefree or trying to catch it, well the pose completely depends on the concept of wedding photography.
15. The Runaway BrideImage : Hitched and ClickedA runaway bride pose is all you need to make your bridal photos unique, as many of the brides have not tried this pose yet and is a new, best selling shot in trend. It is clearly, a fun picture wherein you will pose as if you are running.
16. Get Your Sunglasses OnImage: ShaadiNamaThe sunglass bridal pose is a must have pose and is suggested by almost every person who tells wedding photography poses. Wearing sunglasses and standing with the swag gives that bold look to the bridal photos. All you need to do is to buy an amazing pair of sunglass that suits your face shape so that it won’t look odd on your face with heavy lehenga. We are sure you will never regret one such picture in your wedding album.
17. Sit In The Mudra PoseImage: InstagramA mudra pose looks really elegant when done by a bride. It is the perfect bridal pose, where the bride spreads her lehenga or ghagra. This bridal pose clearly shows your outfit and makes you look super gorgeous and is one of our personal favourite bridal photos that keeps the memories alive.
18. Show Off That MehendiA mehendi night is surely special and getting that mehendi design on your hand with the best of the design has to be captured. There are many bridal poses that you can do with mehendi on your hands. Flash that subtle flower jewellery and mehendi by giving different mehendi poses.Image: Rahul De Cunha PicturesSo, these were some of the best poses for brides that will surely look amazing in your wedding album.Featured Image: Cupcake ProductionsThis story was updated in March 2019.