There’s something about turning 23 that’s special. You’re at a fun juncture of life where you can do so much and it always feels like there isn’t enough time. FOMO is all time high at this stage and frankly, that’s not always a bad thing. So it’s time we tell you some secrets every girl should know before she turns 23. These life hacks are actually true! (Although you may realize this a lil’ later!)
1. If you are confused about life, relationships, career…or anything else, that’s okay! You aren’t the only one.
2. You don’t have to abide by the school-college-job-shaadi cycle. Make your own rules and play your own game.
3. Your definition of ‘Mr. Right’ will change. Don’t beat yourself up about it, it’s actually a good thing.
4. Choosing a career is going to be a task, but experiment anyway! Don’t be afraid to take the time you need to figure out what you really want to do.
5. You don’t always have to do what other people think is the ‘right’ thing. It is okay to be a rebel at times and find out what's right for yourself!
6. You will fail but you won’t be a failure till you actually give up and stop believing in yourself.
7. You are good enough and you can do whatever you set your heart on. Don’t believe anyone who tells you otherwise.
8. Saving up is not uncool. Build your own bank balance and choose your splurges wisely.
9. Your dreams are not stupid and impractical. Anyone who says otherwise has clearly never had the will to make one come true!
10. You’re not too young to step out of the comfort of your home and start building a life for yourself… And neither too old to watch cartoons and spend Sunday hanging out in your PJs!
11. Everything passes, so every time you have a problem, take a deep breath and tell yourself ‘This too shall pass…’
12. But good things too, come to an end. Have enough faith and strength to believe that there’s more to come.
13. If you dance alone in your room or sing with a hairbrush for a mike...you’re not crazy. Such things are great stress busters!
14. ‘Log kya kahenge’ should be the least of your worries. Do what you want to. You don’t need validation from anyone.
15. There’s no such thing as a ‘stupid question’ and anyone who tells you otherwise, most probably, does not have the answer.
16. The world may not have any time for all of your emotions, but that does not mean you shouldn’t express. Cry, laugh, be angry, feel blah… It’s all good.
17. Letting go may seem difficult and even impossible, but it is important. And so is knowing the right time to do it.
18. Ranbir Kapoor was right when he said ‘Kahin pahonchne ke liye, kahin se nikalna bahut zaruri hota hai’ (Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani). So say your goodbyes in time to achieve greater things.
19. Having a bulletin board helps. Keep it full of motivation, positivity and all the things you like.
20. Don’t feel guilty about spending on a good place to live… Especially if you are moving out of your house. Your home should be a place you always feel welcome to.
21. You will make mistakes and hurt people… You are only human. So learn to say sorry and remember, actions speak louder than words.
22. Keep your friends close, and don’t worry too much about the enemies.
23. Always, always, always remember… You are beautiful, you are capable and you will make it. One way or another.
GIFs: Giphy, Tumblr
Published on Nov 30, 2016