Are spots on your back, chest or anywhere else stressing you out? Not anymore, ‘coz you know we always got your back! Since the skin on your body is thicker than the skin on your face, when acne pops up, it’s even more difficult to get rid of. But if you follow every tip we share with you, you’ll get rid of body acne in no time. Read on, we say!
1. Are You Wearing The Right Clothes?!Believe it or not, but there are some clothing fabrics that trap sweat, dirt and clog pores. This leads to body acne eventually. That’s why it’s very important to pick a fabric that doesn’t cause friction or irritate the skin, especially if you’re prone to zits on certain parts of your body - linen and cotton are fabulous options.
Also Read Pimples On Chest : Cause, Home Remedies And More!
2. Hydrate From The Inside & OutsideAs long as you drink lots of water and moisturize your skin everywhere (not just your face) every day, your skin will be less prone to breakouts. Always carry a bottle of water and body lotion in your bag at all times. This way, you're sure to stay hydrated and keep your skin supple and baby- soft.
3. Make A Body TonerTo sooth body acne, we suggest you prepare a natural body toner first. Add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, half a cup of water and a couple of drops of tea tree oil. Stir and blend all the ingredients with a spoon, and sprinkle or spray it on your body immediately after a shower. It works like a charm every time.
4. Use The Right Body WashYou can either bathe in sea salt once a week or use a soap bar that contains salicylic acid. Try using organic products instead of beauty products that are packed with chemicals. It might be what’s irritating your skin and causing those breakouts.
5. Hello Omega 3 SupplementsIf you haven’t tried consuming omega 3 supplements yet, maybe you should start. Fish oil is packed with anti-inflammatory properties and serves as a great antioxidant. Pop one twice a week and you’re good to go. Be sure to consult your doctor first just to be safe.
6. Exfoliate Some MoreExfoliation is the key to cleansing the skin of dead cells and bacteria. Just how you do so for your face, exfoliate your body using a scrub or a loofah. You can also try making a scrub at home by using a teaspoon of honey, sugar and olive oil. Doing this twice a week will definitely reduce acne on your body.
7. Stay Away From Hot ShowersThis may come as a surprise to you but hot showers aren’t good for you! We get that it’s extremely relaxing, but it also causes your body to overproduce oil and that leads to breakouts. Lukewarm showers are the best and don’t forget to moisturize all over after you step out of the shower.
8. Invest In A Good Quality CleanserJust how you would use a cleanser to remove the makeup, dirt and oil from your face, your body requires the same attention, love and care. Opt for a cleanser that not only cleanses your skin but also refreshes and moisturizes it at the same time. You can alternate between your usual soap and this.
9. Are You Shaving The Right Way?It’s important to take special care when shaving, especially if you’re noticing spots breakouts on your body. It’s best to shave just before stepping out of the shower, when your skin is hydrated and soft. Don’t go over the same patch again and again with your razor as that could lead to irritation and angry bumps. For sensitive skin, make sure that you’re using a shaving cream that’s mild and unscented.
10. Have A Chat With Your Dermatologist If you feel like your body acne doesn’t seem to improve no matter what you do, you should definitely consult a professional. Get to the root of the problem and feel free to take opinions from other skin specialists as well before you go ahead with the treatment. Good luck!Images: Shutterstock