Shopping in the City of Dreams has its own charm. While Mumbai may not have a one-stop destination for wedding shopping like Delhi does in Chandni Chowk, we have our little pockets that offer some of the best deals, designs and the latest trends too. Read on to know about the best areas to go wedding shopping in Mumbai.
A Guide To Wedding Shopping In Mumbai
Also Read About Mumbai Street Shopping
1. Of lehengas and latkansMumbai spoils you with the choices the city has to offer. From the rows of saree shops at Queens Road and Marine Lines (I got mine from here) and the designer boutiques on Juhu Tara Road, to Benzer at Breach Candy, Suvidha at Dadar and Friendship Sarees at Santacruz, you have umpteen options for every taste and budget. Check out Lokhandwala Complex and Santacruz Market for some shiny and beautiful latkans to go with your wedding outfits. To add a quirky element to your ensemble, you can find latkans at Colaba that are in the shape of a bicycle, birds, and the Eiffel tower even!
2. Trousseau dress materialYou’ll find the season’s latest fabrics for your wedding and trousseau outfits at Mangaldas Market near Crawford, Elco Arcade in Bandra, Gandhi Market at Kings’ Circle and Irla in Juhu. The salesmen in these areas are pros, and will help you pick the best.
3. Footwear and handbagsFrom six-inch pencil heels to comfortable mojdis, from golden clutch bags to trendy slings, Linking Road, Kemps Corner, Lokhandwala Complex and Colaba have it all. Apart from this, there are also some tiny shoe shops that offer a good range of footwear and handbags. And if you have good bargaining skills, you’ll be pleasantly surprised at the deals you get at these stalls.
Also read: The Delhi Bride’s Guide To Shopping At Chandni Chowk!
4. Bindis, bangles and jewelleryYou’ll go crazy walking the labyrinth of Bhuleshwar and Kalbadevi, but it is every bit worth it. Most of them are wholesale shops, but you’ll find some retail stores too. From stunning paisleys to pretty lotuses, the traditional motifs find their way into stylish bindis, studded bangles, bajubandhs and some jewellery too. And all of this at very good rates, ladies.
5. For assorted accessoriesThere’s the three-storeyed Beauty Centre near Mangaldas and one on SV Road at Khar. The bylanes of Bhendi Bazaar and Dadar too offer some beautiful accessories for your mehendi function, and to wear in your hair, that you probably won’t find anywhere else in the city.
Also read: 10 Mistakes To Avoid When Buying Gold Jewellery For The Wedding
6. For invitation cards and shagun packagingThere is an entire market near CP Tank Road (behind Opera House), at Girguan and in Dadar. Whether you want a simple one-page card or an elaborate one – these guys are well stocked with options for you and are pros at printing too. Elaborate shagun trays and boxes are available at Abdul Rehman Street, and Santacruz Market, and here again, you’ll be spoilt for choice, ladies.Images: ShutterstockA place where girls can talk about ANYTHING. (No guys allowed!)
? ?Get the POPxo app NOW on Play Store and iOS App Store.This story was updated in April 2019.