Every (almost every) girl we know dreams of the beautiful, fairy-talesque day of her wedding. And when the time comes, she puts her heart, soul, time, effort and every penny into the making of her big day. Then to add some drama, along comes that distant aunty or childhood neighbour and says something extremely… strange. Fret not, because sooner or later, you are going to laugh about it anyway. Here's the list in advance!
1. Wow you look so relaxed!
Well, inside, I am a bundle of nerves right now. Just because I look calm, doesn't mean I cannot chop off your head in anxiety.
2. You look, errr… amazing (clearly short of words)
Amazing good or amazing bad? Are you trying to say beautiful or maybe gorgeous even? Which part of me is amazing you?
3. You look happy… awww!
Am I not supposed to? Guess I've earned it after all that stress.
4. Does he have a younger brother? (Raising both eyebrows)
Err… yes, but he is already seeing someone. Better luck next time. ;-)
5. Your sister is looking prettier (raising one eyebrow)
Than who? Than what? Than before? Than me? Now can I be back in the spotlight?
6. He is such a good catch (rolling eyeballs)
Catch. Well yes, I was fishing for something like this for long.
7. Have fun tonight (naughty laughter)
Thanks, I will.
With all the extra effort the beautician took to mix it with the right ingredients, it better be dark. Very dark.
8. Your mehendi is dark. He'll keep you happy… hmmm.
9. Make sure you control him from now itself. (Smirk and the know-it-all laughter)
What is he? A pest?
10. When's the baby shower? (Followed by a crazy sounding laughter)
Tomorrow. Wanna come? ;-)
GIFs: Tumblr, Giphy
HAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!
MUST-READ: 10 People Who Spell S-T-R-E-S-S For The Bride At Her Shaadi!
MUST-READ: 21 Things You Should NEVER Say To A Bride To Be Want to know more?
Published on Jun 17, 2016