We all hope that somehow our clothes will magically multiply inside our closet and we’d have new outfits to wear every day. Too bad that does not happen. But I do know that we have the power and the creativity to create new outfits from what we already have by just styling them innovatively. You’ve definitely got a saree blouses that you lovingly got made for the sarees you wore to your farewell party or shaadis. Why not reuse them in different ways? And yes, we are talking about blouses that are a bit modern - the ones with side zips, back hooks and some trendy baubles on them! So let’s go discover some amazing ideas!
Also Read Tops You Can Wear As Saree Blouse
7 Trendy Ways to Design Your Saree Blouse
1. Pair It With A High Waisted Skirt! The perfect way to show off that waistline and adapt that indo-western vibe! Match your saree blouse with a high waisted skirt. Give a printed skirt and sequinned blouse a shot, or maybe you could even pair it with a skirt that ends at the mid calves and pumps!
2. Make An Anarkali Out Of it!Image: Aditi Rao Hydari On InstagramYes, I’ve tried this and it works! If you have a blingy blouse, get fabric attached at the hemline in the panel to make an anarkali. It looks absolutely fabulous! You’ll love it. What can be better than using the same blouse to make a whole new outfit!
3. Match It With Interesting Wide Legged Pants! With more and more people wearing ghararas, shararas and palazzos, why shouldn’t we give it a fun twist? Match your saree blouse with either of these. If the blouse is too short, get a ready-made border attached on the lower side of the blouse to make it longer. It’ll look like a super hot crop top, trust us!
4. Or Fitted Trousers!Image: Sanjana Batra On InstagramSounds a bit too revealing but if you are confident enough it can look stellar. Wear a slightly long blouse with a pair of high-waisted trousers, chic heels and accessories to go with it!. This is fusion taken to the next level!
5. Layer It Up! Wear your blouse with wide legged pants or palazzos and top it with a jacket! This is perfect if you’re worried about revealing too much skin and at the same time you’ve got a stylish ensemble on! You can choose a long or a short jacket, depending on the mood. A fitted blazer on top is perfect for that ultra-modern chic look.
6. A Lehenga Choli, Of Course!Image: Rhea Kapoor On InstagramThis one is the most obvious idea! You can match your saree blouse with a lehenga and a dupatta to give the lehenga a refreshing look. If you want, revamp your old lehenga with a more modern styled blouse, you know what to do next!
7. Wear It Under A Cape! Wearing a cape is the juiciest trend at the moment. Wear a translucent cape on top of the blouse and wear dhoti pants to give an interesting twist to your look. This way you create an appealing ensemble that looks fascinating too! Try sticking to similar colour tones to not look OTT!HAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!MUST-READ: How To Pick The BEST Sari Blouse For Your Figure!MUST-READ: 6 Blouse Styles That Are Perfect For A Girl With A Bigger Bust