10 Lies EVERY Girl With A Boyfriend Has Told Her Parents!
Sharon AlphonsoLifestyle and Beauty Writer, POPxo
now on POPxo
Join in! (Girls only) >
We would NEVER lie to our parents. We love them to the moon and back. Unless, it’s about our boyfriend, of course! Then, it’s a whole different thing! If you have a boyfriend and haven’t told your parents about him yet, then, you definitely must have told them these 10 lies. (You’re not alone, love! We’ve all been there and done that!) ;)
1. He’s not my boyfriend. We’re just good friends, trust me...
This one’s gold!
2. I’m staying at a friend’s place tonight. We’re having an all-girl slumber party!
Only if they knew that your boyfriend is invited too. :D
3. Don’t worry, mom. I’ll be back by 8 pm. My friend will drop me home.
And we all know who that ‘special’ friend will be... ;)
4. I’m going to his place. His parents are home too.
Throwing the parent card, are we?
5. I was talking to Sakshi... Don’t believe me? Here’s her number!
*Convinces friend to cover up*
6. Dad, it’s a college trip! ALL my classmates are going. It’s compulsory!
Including my boyfriend… ;)
7. Here’s Tania’s number. Please call her if you can’t get through to my phone.
Because, Tania is your bestie. She'll do anything to save you from trouble. (Even if it’s coming up with a white lie) You owe her bigtime for this.
8. He thinks of me as his sister.
Yeah, right! :P
9. We don’t like each other! He’s already in a committed relationship.
With you, of course!
10. You saw us holding hands at a park?! That’s Impossible! It has got to be someone else.