Independence Day is here, and our fav celebs are all over social media with an awesome new trend! The #SaluteSelfie movement started in honour of India’s 69th Independence Day, and as a way to pay tribute to the selfless and brave Jawans of our country.
And we have to admit that we love this! It’s a sweet gesture, yet filled with so much respect. Let’s join in and offer our own salute too!
1. Amitabh Bachchan Senior Bachchan, after inspiring actors for many years, kickstarted yet another trend, and we totally love him for this!Source
2. Shah Rukh KhanSRK impressed us when he played an army man in Jab Tak Hai Jaan, but he stole our hearts all over again with this selfie!Source
3. Sonakshi SinhaThe always-awesome Sonakshi was one of the first B-town ladies to follow the Big B in this trend, with a salute that is SO on point! Like everything else about her! Source
4. Shahid Kapoor Trust Shahid Kapoor to make a trend like this look patriotic yet SUPER hot!Source
5. Priyanka Chopra A proud “Army brat”, Priyanka just had to post an epic salute selfie of course! And while looking totally amazing too!Source
6. John Abraham That smile of his is not something we can ever get over! Add this patriotic gesture, and we’re sold, all over again!Source
7. Nargis Fakhri The super fun and hyper Nargis never looked so fierce! She looks tall and proud as she pays tribute to the Indian Army.Source
8. Anil Kapoor The super-cool Anil Kapoor pays a tribute to the Jawans with this super-cool picture! (Can you tell that he’s actually Sonam’s dad?! Because we still find that hard to believe!) Source
9. Sushmita SenYou know when you run out of reasons to love Sushmita? Yeah...us neither. This gorgeous woman sure knows how to click a brilliant selfie!Source
10. MS Dhoni The cricket legend looked nothing less than a handsome Jawan himself in his tri coloured #SaluteSelfie! Source
11. Sania MirzaIf it wasn't for the salute and her totally intense expression, we would have been totally obsessing over that super cool jacket! Oh, who are we kidding? We still are!Source
12. Aditi Rao Hydari Aditi Rao is all smiles in her sun-kissed salute selfie! We’re totally digging how she carries off that cap too by the way.Source
13. Preity Zinta Preity follows the trend by posting a natural, tri coloured selfie. Doesn’t she look totally adorable?!Source
14. Rishi KapoorThe legendary actor, who loves sharing his views and thoughts on Twitter, posted the cutest selfie ever! We truly do know where Ranbir Kapoor gets it from ;)Source
15. Masaba GuptaMasaba makes sure that it’s not only our favourite actors and athletes who are following this trend. Her black and white selfie sure looks classy!Source
16. Saina Nehwal Saina has made us proud so many times before, and now she does it yet again, with her #SaluteSelfie!
17. Virender SehwagHe may have have been off the pitch for a while, but he sure is winning brownie points with this adorable selfie!Source
18. Kriti Sanon The Heropanti actress salutes the REAL heroes of our country in this super pretty selfie! We can’t wait to see more of her on the silver screen.SourceMUST-READ: The POPxo Independence Day PlaylistMUST-READ: 10 Bollywood Movies to Watch This Independence Day Weekend