If you’re a teetotaler, there’s a good chance you’ve heard any, or all of these things! If you’ve got a friend who doesn't drink, we’re going to ask you to not even consider saying any of these things the next time you go out with them! Here are 15 things non-drinkers are tired of hearing.
1. “Is it because you have to drive?”
Ah, the first assumption that everyone makes when someone tells them that they’re not drinking. Driving doesn’t have to be the only reason why someone isn’t drinking!
2. “You can’t be serious! Why did you come out with us then?”
Now that you’ve asked...
3. “Wow, your life must be pretty boring!”
Yes, because life is all about hangovers.
4. “Are you not drinking for religious reasons?”
No, I am not drinking for reasons that aren’t really any of your business.
5. “When did you become such a good girl?”
When did you become so annoying?
6. “So what do you do for fun?”
A lot more than you, that’s for sure!
7. “What is your favourite drink then? Complan?”
Ha. ha. ha. Not.
8. “Come on, one drink! Just one! It won’t do anything!”
Which among the two letters of the word “no” do you not understand?
9. “Were you like, an addict once?”
I have no words.
10. “Are you pregnant?”
If not drinking means pregnancy, then yep, I’m always pregnant!
11. “It’s not fun if you’re not high”
I am high, friends. I am high on life.
12. “You’re totally judging us right now, aren’t you?”
Actually, your choices are your own, and I am no one to tell you what to do or what not to do, so nope, no judging!
13. “You’re missing out on something, you know!”
Actually, I’m going to remember everything that happened while you’re going to wake up with a headache, so no.
14. “If you’re not going to drink, you might not be invited next time!”
If it means not being surrounded by people like you, then I’d actually be pretty thankful.
15. “I bet I can get you to drink!”
, Gifsforum MUST-READ: #LifeHacks: How to Party Sober Without Being a Party Pooper!MUST-READ: #FacePalm: 13 Types of Drunkenness You See at Every Party