After all that blood, sweat and immense will power to work out regularly and controlling your urge to gorge on those yummy carbs and sweets, you look and feel fabulous - until you meet certain people. They can really kill the mood when it comes to all your weight-loss efforts. We give you all the annoying things people say to you when you lose weight - we won’t judge you for wanting to bite them!
1. Are you still afraid of the weighing scale?
You know that’s not a real phobia, right?
2. So skinny you are, take some of my fat!
If only life was that easy! You need to get in shape the hard way, like I did.
3. Khaana peena chhor diya hai? You must be in love!
Is that what you did when you were in love?
4. The weight suited you, yaar!
5. I still have lots of photos of your fat phase! I will blackmail you if need be.
*Must hack into your email and delete them all*
6. Hey, what will you do with all your old clothes?
I don’t know. But you’re making me want to cut yours into pieces with a sharp pair of scissors.
7. You look like a sukhi dandi!
Yeah, but things do change. (For the BETTER!)
8. Which gym did you join? Tell me your trainer’s name!
It’s not the gym or the trainer that matters. It’s how committed you are to getting fit!
9. Did you have to go off yummy food and eat boiled veggies instead? Yuck!
Yes. I have also been advised to cut down on my stupidity-intake.
10. You are a mere shadow of your former self!
I wish this had resulted in you not recognizing me, and this conversation not happening!
11. Man, you could really eat like a pig! How did you stop?
Man, you’re really insensitive. Are you ever going to stop?
12. Are you trying to look anorexic?
Are you trying to be stupid?
13. You know crash diets are not good.
Are you offering to become my personal nutritionist?
14. You must have spent a bomb on liposuction.
Yes. That’s why you are not getting anything on your birthday this year!
15. So you must be having stretch marks everywhere now, no?
Are you asking to check?
16. You looked so much healthier than you do now.
You were so much nicer than you are now.
17. OMG, you used to be SO huge!
OMG, I used to think of you as a decent human being!
18. What have you done? Tell me your secret.
I found the fountain of eternal weight loss.
19. OMG, I can see your ribs jutting out - are you sick?
Yes, I feel sick thinking about how in-shape I look.
20. You look so fragile right now, I’m actually afraid to touch you as you might end up breaking a bone.
Umm, hello, I’m human, not a porcelain doll.
21. Do you still feel like a fat person inside?
Do you feel really evil inside?
20. Why would you hit the gym when you’re already thin?
It’s called staying fit, something you should learn a thing or two about!
21.OMG I can't recognize you, you're SO skinny!!
Really? I didn't know losing a few inches was the same as a face transplant!
22. Do you ever eat?
No, I love on love and fresh air!
23.Is your boyfriend/husband ok with how much weight you have lost?
Yes, because I didn't shed my fabulous personality with the weight you know?
24. Don't lose any more weight, it's beginning to show on your face.
Then why do I still look so much better than you?
MUST-READ: “Arre, Chhutki!” + Other Peeves: 22 Things Short Women Hate Hearing!
MUST-READ: 20 Problems Only Girls with Long Hair Face