Always dreamt of pillowy, voluptuous lips but struggled to create the perfect plump pout? Fret not ladies, this superb makeup hack helps you achieve that look in 5 easy steps – it’s called lip contouring and it WILL change your life forever! Think Priyanka Chopra, Nargis Fakhri and Kylie Jenner – the global trendsetters who are taking the internet’s fixation on full lips to a whole new level! Now that YOU can have the kisser you’ve always dreamed of, pucker up and read on…
Over drawing and manipulating the shape of your lips to create an illusion of fuller lips is known as lip contouring. Some basic makeup elements, a little more effort and hello, lush lips! Sounds like a dream, doesn’t it? Hold that thought. Lip contouring can also be very tricky so we suggest you prep and try this technique at home a few times before stepping out.
ALL you need is a concealer, lip liner, lipstick and a lip balm and you’re ready to roll!
Image: Qami_Beauty on Instagram
1. Conceal the lining of your lips with a concealer.
2. Slightly overline them outside the contour of your natural lip line.
3. Draw vertical lines right under the cupid’s bow of your lips and on your lower lip to carve out a prominent pout.
4. Blot the centre of your lips with the lipstick of your choice.
5. Blend in with lipstick or lip balm.
And like all makeup tricks, you can always manipulate it to suit your taste. While some may like the “bigger is better” approach and go all out with the Kylie Jenner lip contouring hack, others may prefer a subtler version of the same. Whatever you opt for, the fact is that it looks pretty darn good in pictures (selfies galore!).
What do you think? Yay or nay?