Having long and strong nails is succha vibe, don’t you think? Moving our hands whenever we’re talking, that clickety-clack feeling when we’re typing that long ass *OMG, you wouldn’t believe what I just heard* message or just showing *insert middle finger emoji* becomes a sassy statement with stunning nails. I don’t know about you guys but having long nails give me more energy, you feel me?
Nails before males ‘coz breaking a nail hurts more than heartbreak (at least for me). And what if I told you that a certain magic potion can keep your nails strong, hydrated, and protected for as long as you like? Yes, I’m talking about cuticle oil. Cuticle oils have become a staple in #NailCare as they are known to fix the weakest of nails (can it fix me tho?). But is it an absolute necessity?
Many of us don’t realise it, but nail care is necessary. If your nails break more times than Jake says cool in Brooklyn 99, that means your nails require extra care. Yes, cuticle oil will nurse back your nails to good health but it’s definitely not an absolute necessity. Here’s why:
Cuticle oils are enriched with strengthing properties but honestly, there are other ways you can ensure that your nails don’t crack:
– A proper diet consisting of proteins, eggs, fish, and green vegetables.
– Rubbing essential oils such as eucalyptus, lemon or even grapefruit essential oils.
– Intake of biotin supplements as our nails are made of keratin which needs biotin to improve its infrastructure.
Cuticle oils have immense hydrating and repairing properties and that is why your manicurist applies it when they’re doing your nails or giving you a bomb manicure. But since it consists of essentials oils, you can always DIY.
– A jar with a dropper or an empty nail polish jar.
– Essential oils: sweet almond oil, lavender oil, eucalyptus oil, leno essential oil.
– Vitamin E capsules.
DIY Cuticle Oil:
– In an empty jar, empty 2-3 Vitamin E capsules and 2-3 drops of essential oils.
– Mix them well and your DIY cuticle oil is ready to be used. Apply it daily before sleeping and say no to brittle nails and weak cuticles.
As mentioned earlier, cuticle oil is definitely not an absolute requirement but you do need a type of hydrating element that not only makes your nails stronger than before but also treats weak cuticles and cracking of nails. Olive oil, Jojoba oil, beeswax, rice bran oil are some of the amazing oils you can massage on your nails. Horsetail oil is a traditional remedy to treat nails weaker than my immune system. Just rubbing a vitamin E capsule on your nails every day can also do the trick!
With that being said, cuticle oils have numerous benefits for our nails. At the end of the day, it all depends on whether you think it’s an absolute necessity or if you think that iske bina kaam chal sakta hai–you do you, boo!
Featured Image: Instagram