Dilwalon Ke Dil Ka Karar Lootne
Tu Aayi Hun U.P. Bihar Lootne…
From a blockbuster debut in 1993 with Baazigar to her ‘Sunday Binges’ in 2018 on Instagram, from a disco favourite to a domestic diva, Shilpa is an actress, an author, a wife, a mom and an inspiration to thousands of us. She may have stopped acting in movies but it never feels like a miss, thanks to all the reality shows and beauty pageants the actress is judging these days. She’s not only the showstopper at fashion weeks but a showstopper at her saree game too.
Here we are celebrating the evergreen actress’ birthday with 43 of her killer looks that will give Raj Kundra a run for his money. It’s (not) a joke!
1. When at Sonam’s wedding reception, Shilpa stole the night.
2. When white became the most colourful shade ever.
3. When #VacayGoals were stylishly redefined.
4. When she made us want to ‘Shut up and bounce’ for real.
5. When she reminded us of her Dhadkan look.
6. When pantsuit became a casual day outfit.
7. When we wanted summer more and more.
8. When monochrome became our #MondayMotivation.
9. When ‘pink and red’ looked better than ever together.
10. When yellow stopped being a dirty fellow (or did it?).
11. When polka dots got a fusion makeover.
12. When earrings were all the accessory she needed.
13. When saree got a millennial upgrade with a sexy slit.
14. When she gave us nifty shades of grey all at once.
15. When we did an extra set at the gym because of this co-ordinate set!
16. When a bird flew us to OOTD goals.
17. When statement sleeves rung a bell.
18. When skirts became hotter than ever.
19. When a knotty pantsuit gave #BossLady goals.
20. When we got high on a fringe binge.
21. When nude lips and a messy bun was all the glam she needed.
22. When she won India’s most stylish author award.
23. When Shilpa and we shared some “Jacket love”.
24. When stripes and sequins came together.
25. When it all started with a big belt.
26. When pink and black was to dye for.
27. When she wore nothing but a Santa trench coat.
28. When she channelled her inner Marathi manus.
29. When she wore jeans to bring down the house.
30. When she became a boho-chic goddess.
31. When white shirt went beyond the realms of 9 to 5.
32. When she wore roses in her hair because why not!
33. When her saree had a lovely candy theme with sparkles going on.
34. When she looked like a flamingo’s dream.
35. When her embellished shoes saved the day.
36. When her belted saree gave our closet butterflies.
37. When she showed us how to do off-shoulder the fringe way.
38. When she blessed us with yet another saree draping style.
39. When belt became our favourite accessory with everything.
40. When she wore onion pink way before it was cool.
41. When she wore everything denim from head-to-toe.
42. When her jumpsuit transported us to a museum in England.
43. When her outfit gave strong Wonder Woman feels.
Happy Birthday, Shilpa Shetty. Here’s to the next 43 years and more!