People often envy you, your beautiful curls and gorgeous waves, but only you know how difficult it can be to style them. But don’t worry girls, we have for you the perfect hairstyles for curly hair to help embrace the kinks, bends and unruliness! If you are a girl who does not have straight hair, this is the perfect list for pretty hairstyles for girls !
1. Wishful Waves
What a simple and elegant hairstyle for everyone with pretty waves!
- Step 1: Wash and condition your hair. Apply hair serum so that it looks smooth and manageable.
- Step 2: For that nice pouf of volume at the back, pick up sections of hair at the crown, spritz with hairspray and then tease them with a hairbrush.
- Step 3: Take two sections of your hair from both sides at the front and pin them back using a hair ornament.
- Step 4: Leave the rest of your hair open and apply hair spray generously so that it stays put.
You can watch a tutorial on how to perfect the “puffed hair look” here.
2. Beachy Boho Curls
Image: vanessahudgens on Instagram
Get inspired by Vanessa Hudgens’ Coachella-ready style and take advantage of your curls to get this gorgeous boho look.
- Step 1: For curly hair, use a leave-in cream formulated to define your curls and control frizz. Spread the cream on your hands and fingers and scrunch it in with your hands instead of pulling your hair straight. This will enhance your curls beautifully.
- Step 2: Take a colourful hair woven hair band and slip it on. Make sure that a few strands of your gorgeous curly hair frame your face.
- Step 3: Use a clip-on dreamcatcher hair accessory to complete your boho look.
3. Fake The Au Naturale
Image: hairstylesfabulous on Instagram
People envy you your natural curls or waves, but they don’t know the pain of styling it. Well, you can fake the au naturale curly look in 3 easy steps! This hairstyle is best for longer, wavy hair.
- Step 1: Start by applying a heat protectant spray or mist on your hair.
- Step 2: Use a ceramic flat iron to straighten your hair. Straighten the top part especially well, as curls at the bottom look gorgeous.
- Step 3: Define the curls at the bottom part of your hair better by using a curling iron for soft curls. You’re set to rock!
4. Short And Sweet
If you are bored of long hair, why not try lopping off a few inches? Keep it longer on one side for a really fun look. Here’s how you can style this hairstyle.
- Step 1: Pin back hair on the side that is shorter.
- Step 2: Use a curl-defining leave in to scrunch and tousle your hair and hairspray to set it, especially the longer side. Proceed to look chic through the day.
5. Pin-up Princess
Image: gmbatharaw on Instagram
Pin up your hair for a really amazing and hassle-free look.
- Step 1: After your hair is washed and dry, use a hair tie and pull your hair half-way through.
- Step 2: Pull the half-ponytail gently into the shape of a bun on top of your head.
- Step 3: For a really feminine touch, loosen a few strands near the front.
6. Hair Bow Bun
While people generally associate this style with straight hair, it can look incredibly pretty with curly hair as well!
- Step 1: Brush your hair well and pull it into a high ponytail.
- Step 2: Pull the hair tie only halfway through, so that your hair forms a loop on top of your head. This will leave some your ends out in the front.
- Step 3: Split the loop down the middle into two using your hands.
- Step 4: Take the extra hair in front (the ends) and pin it back, going from the middle of your loop so that it forms a hair bow!
Watch the full tutorial here.
7. Wraparound Milkmaid Braids
Milkmaid braids are super cute, girly and perfect for when you want to change up your look.
- Step 1: Make a center parting to divide your hair into two parts.
- Step 2: Make a regular braid on either side. Do this by dividing your hair into three sections. Take the outer right section and cross it over the central section. Then take the outer left section and cross it over the centre again. Continue doing this till you reach the end and tie an elastic to finish the braid.
- Step 3: Repeat this process on the other side. Make sure your braids are tight.
- Step 4: Now take the left braid, fold it over your scalp and pin it behind your right ear.
- Step 5: Take your right braid and repeat, pinning it behind your left ear. Your gorgeous curly milkmaid braids are now ready.
You can watch the full tutorial here.
Featured Image: Shutterstock
MUST READ: 6 Pretty Hairstyles For Long Hair – Perfect For Summer!
MUST READ: 5 Fun, Flirty & Easy Hairstyles For The College-Going Girl!