There is just something enticing about going natural. Unless you have a severe allergy to fruits and veggies, there is very little harm that home remedies and natural solutions can do to your skin. And of course, the added ease of whipping these up with the ingredients in your kitchen is always a plus.
While luminous make-up can help you feign glowing skin, if the base isn’t luminous, the make-up just won’t sit right. So, here are a few homemade face masks for glowing skin.
Homemade Face Masks For Better Skin
Tomato Lemon Mask
- Take 1 tomato and crush it into a puree.
- Then add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Mix it well and apply to the face and neck.
- Leave the mask for 20 minutes and wash off with cold water.
The mask will rid your skin of tan making it more luminous.
- Take 4 to 5 almonds and soak them in milk overnight.
- Next morning, peel the skin of the almonds and make a paste of the two ingredients.
- Apply a thin layer of the paste at night and wash it off in the morning.
Use this every other day for a radiant glow.
Turmeric's medicinal properties help reduce the appearance of blemishes to maintain flawless skin.
- To prepare the mask, take 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder and mix it well.
- Apply on the face and the neck for 20 minutes and then wash it off with water.
Cucumber And Lime Juice Face Mask
Cucumber helps heal the skin from sun damage and combined with lime juice it adds the glow to the skin.
- Mix 1 tablespoon cucumber juice, 1 teaspoon each of lime juice, turmeric and glycerine (if you have dry skin) and apply on your face.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse with cold water.
Banana Yoghurt Mask
- Take a mashed banana and mix well with two tablespoons of hung curd and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Make sure that all the ingredients have been mashed properly.
- Apply it all over the face and let in dry.
- Wash your face after 30 minutes with cold water.
This mask will give you super soft skin.
For glowing skin, exfoliation is key.
- Take 4 tablespoons of oatmeal and add four crushed almonds.
- Mix it well with 1 tablespoon of honey and a little milk.
- Apply on the face for five minutes and massage gently for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Wash off the scrub with lukewarm water.
Honey And Carrot Juice Mask
For that healthy glow, you must give your skin the nourishment it deserves. Carrot juice and honey drops are perfect for glowing skin because it makes it baby soft and banishes any early signs of ageing. Honey has antibacterial properties and prevents acne and pimples. Carrots, however, contain Vitamin C, A and K, which help improve the skin’s texture.
- Pour 2 cups of carrot juice into a bowl.
- Add a tablespoon of honey to the juice and give it a good stir.
- Dip your fingers into the bowl and apply the orange paste to your face.
- Wait for 15 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water after.
Do this once a week and you’re good to go!
Orange Juice And Milk Powder Mask
Milk powder is a rich source of Vitamin A, C and B6, calcium, lactic acid and potassium. Orange juice too is no less, it helps brighten dull skin and nourishes your pores with Vitamin C.
- Pour a cup of fresh orange juice into a bowl.
- Add a tablespoon of milk powder and gram flour into the bowl.
- Blend all the ingredients well and apply the mask to your face.
- Once it thickens and hardens, wipe it off with a chilled soaked towel.
Oatmeal and Multani Mitti Mask
Oatmeal has exfoliant properties that help scrub off dead skin cells, dust and grime. Fullers’ earth (better known as multani mitti) helps absorb excess oil and even out skin as well.
- Add 1 big spoon of oatmeal grains into a container.
- Follow it up with one tablespoon of cucumber juice and milk.
- Add 2 teaspoons of fuller's earth and blend all the ingredients carefully.
- Mix till it becomes a thick paste and gently apply to your neck and face.
- Wait for 40-50 minutes before washing it off.
Apply it to your face twice every alternate week for good results.
Homemade Face Masks For An Instant Glow
Egg And Almond Mask
This mask is ideal for people with dry skin.
- Beat an egg and mix it with ground almond.
- Apply the mixture on your face and neck and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse. For best results use at bedtime.
Aloe Vera And Glycerin Mask
- Mix aloe vera gel with a little glycerin.
- Dab this mixture on your face.
- Wash off after 15-20 minutes.
Peach and Brandy Mask
- Mash a peach and add a teaspoon of brandy to it.
- Apply this paste on your face and neck.
- Rinse off after 20 minutes for luminous skin.
Papaya, Avocado And Cucumber Mask
Papaya is a superfood for the skin: it helps nourish dry skin, giving your skin a silky soft texture. You can either directly apply the papaya skin on your face or mix it with other superfoods like avocado and cucumber. It will help get rid of acne scars and other blemishes, making your skin clear and soft.
- Add avocado and papaya pulp, and grated cucumber in a bowl.
- Mix it to form a smooth paste-like consistency.
- Apply this paste on your face and neck for about 15-20 minutes.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water.
Apply this 2-3 times in a week.
These homemade face packs will help, but you also need to make sure that you are keeping yourself hydrated AND are getting a good 7-8 hours of sleep for your skin to relax, replenish and rejuvenate!