We girls love our traditional outfits and grab every chance to wear them. And what better place than a shaadi to go all out and flaunt our beautiful saris and lehengas? They are always a favourite pick! If you are tired of saris and anarkalis though, here are 7 fab outfits to wear to a shaadi you should definitely try the next time!
1. The dhoti pants and jacket comboAfter the immense popularity of the patiala suit, it is now dhoti pants that are creating ripples in the fashion industry, thanks to designers who have modified the traditional dhoti to create a stylish silhouette loved by Indian women and the fashion industry worldwide. Team them with a gorgeous embroidered silk top and a long traditional jacket, and stand out as the trendsetter at that wedding you have to attend! Wear minimalistic heels that show off your delicate ankles to balance out the volume of the pants.Image source: Viral Bhayani
2. Pretty up in a kurti and traditional skirtIf you are not a big fan of saris then try teaming a short, fitted kurti with a long, traditional skirt or a lehenga. Let go of the bling and loud colours this time, and opt for muted tones with pretty motifs and gotapattis. A gorgeous embroidered kurti with a metallic accent, when teamed with a flowy skirt, will make you look elegant and fashionable.Image Source: Ami Patel on Instagram
3. Buttoned up and suaveGone are the days when lehengas were only worn with short fitted cholis. We don’t have a doubt in our minds when we say that crop tops have officially usurped the traditional choli. Give your ethnic wear a nice twist by pairing your lehenga with a closed neck boxy silk top. Dress it up by adding heavy chaandbaali earrings and drape that gorgeous embroidered dupatta on one side!Image Source: Sonam Kapoor on Instagram
4. Show some love to angrakhas
Another stylish option for any Indian wedding is the angrakha. These short, fit and flare frocks can be teamed with churidaars, palazzos or long skirts...there is simply no going wrong! The Kamari Angrakha ends usually above the knee, has an asymmetrical hem and comes with lots of embellishments - making it perfect of the big Indian wedding. Twirl about ’cause you’ll be the prettiest guest at the reception!Image Source: Deepika Padukone on Instagram
5. Collared to perfectionIf you are not one for heavy fabrics and you just can’t handle the dupatta, then this is the perfect choice for you. The long skirt and shirt combo might seem a bit bland to wear to a wedding but the trick lies in the fabric! Opt for a heavy, luxurious fabric like brocade, and go all out on designs like badla-work which is bound to make you shine while you show off your amazing dance moves!Image Source: Ami Patel on Instagram
6. !Since our Indian outfits always have a draping element to them, they look gorgeous in every colour and contrasting combinations. A nice way to curve away from the pinks, reds and vibrant hues seen at every shaadi! is to wear a solid metallic colour and team it with a slightly darker hue. Stick to a maximum of two colours and throw on a bandhgala or a long-line jacket to give that extra edge to your ensemble.Image Source: Styledrive on Instagram
7. Go the Indo-western route
One of the best things about our ethnic garments is that they blend flawlessly with Western clothes, giving birth to a whole new and fabulous look. If you like to experiment, then why not give your traditional clothes a spin by pairing them with a classic button up shirt and belt? Opt for rich colours like maroon or navy and make a style statement.Image Source: Deepika Padukone on InstagramHAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!MUST-READ: This Is What Team POPxo Wore This Shaadi Season!MUST-READ: Dazzle At Your Bestie’s Wedding In These Fab Colours!