Who said pony hairstyle ideas
had to be boring? We give you some really easy, fun and even fancy ponytail ideas that will make you think about your go-to bad-hair day style in a whole new way.
From work, to date night, you can rock these gorgeous ponytails anywhere. Get ready to give this school-girl hairstyle a glamorous twist!
1. The Rope Braid PonytailImage Source: Hair created by mops on InstagramWhat we love about a rope braid is that it’s just so simple and looks incredibly cool.Step 1: Pull your hair back into a ponytail - you can choose whether you want it to be high or low. Secure it with a hair tie.
Step 2: Split your ponytail into two and twist each of the two sections down to the ends.
Step 3: Twist both the sections around each other starting from the top of your ponytail down to the ends and secure with an elastic at the bottom. That’s it!
2. The Three-Way TwistThis is one of my fave spins to a regular ponytail. It looks super complicated but is actually fairly simple and can be done on medium length hair as well.
Step 1: Take a section of hair on the top of your head and tie it back into a small ponytail on the top and secure with a thin elastic. Then, create a small gap in your hair above the elastic and flip the ponytail through this hole to create a pretty twist.
Step 2: Now make a second, slightly bigger ponytail that is in line with your ears. Make a second flip in the same way here.
Step 3: Make your last ponytail at the nape of your neck and repeat the flip technique. Tighten the elastics upwards after you flip your hair through.
If you have long, thick hair you can make 4 ponytails twists instead of just 3. Watch the tutorial here.
3. Braided PonytailTry this simple style on a day when you’re feeling extra girly.
Step 1: Brush out your hair and make a deep side part.
Step 2: Take a not-too-thin section of hair on the side of your part and simply braid it backwards. Begin French braiding it on top a few times and then start braiding it like a regular plait so you can move it to the back into your ponytail. Gently pull at it to make the the braid more prominent.
Step 3: Now, gather all your hair, including the braid, into a medium-high ponytail. Take a sliver of hair below the base and wrap around the elastic and pin down to conceal it.
Watch the video here.
4. The Bouffant PonytailThese super vintage ponytail hairstyles is perfect for pairing with winged eyes and a flared skirt for a very 1950s vibe.
Step 1: Brush out your hair and make a middle parting. Then section off the front of your hair by pinning away a small section on either side of the parting.
Step 2: Now pick up thin, horizontal sections of hair on your crown, behind the front section, and backcomb them in up and down strokes using a comb. Do this on 3 to 4 sections, and smoothen them a bit using your comb. This is your bouffant/ pouf.
Step 3: Now carefully gather your hair into a ponytail that is not very high, while keeping your pouf in place, and secure with an elastic. Unpin the front sections. Take the front sections on either side to the back and wrap it around the base of the ponytail to conceal the elastic and secure them both down with a pin.
5. Braid Twist PonytailImage Source: Malfufalco on InstagramYou know we can’t get enough of braids at the moment, so why not add a romantic twist to your everyday ponytail?
Step 1: Brush out your hair and tie it into a high ponytail and wrap a slice of hair around the base to cover up the elastic.
Step 2: Now pick up a 2-inch section of hair from the side of your ponytail and plait it down to the end.
Step 3: Now wrap the braid around the length of your ponytail and tie an elastic at the bottom. No one would guess just how easy it was!
6. Bubble PonytailImage Source: Kickaboo on InstagramTry this cool, playful take on the classic ponytail to amp up your daily style.
Step 1: Pull your hair into a high ponytail and secure it with an elastic.
Step 2: Now section about an inch and a half or 2-inch sections with clear elastics down the length of your ponytail.
Step 3: Create that bubble effect by gently tugging at each section to pouf them out. Then wrap a thin section of hair around each elastic and pin it at the bottom. Images: Viral BhayaniHAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here! MUST-READ: 6 Super Fancy (And Easy!) Hairstyles For Short Hair!MUST-READ: 8 Hairstyles You MUST Experiment With In Your 20s!