You know when Jackie Shroff said, “Baatein bhool jaati hain, yaadein, yaad aati hain,” we all felt that! Memories are one of the most precious treasures that humans possess and they are the most important things that add meaning to one’s life. Memories can bring a smile to your face and they can keep you connected with the ones who are far away from you. These memories can also keep a moment alive in your heart forever and help you cherish it always. So, to help you celebrate these special moments, here are some beautiful memories quotes that you must read.
These quotes will refresh even your oldest memories and remind you that every one of them, good and bad, are special. So, go ahead and get beautiful flashbacks of life with these amazing memories quotes.
Here are some unforgettable memories quotes that will surely bring a smile to your face. These quotes will make you remember your good ol’ days and give you the nudge you need to call that loved one whom you have not spoken to in a while.
1. “People say that bad memories cause the most pain, but actually it’s the good ones that drive you insane.”
– Kid Cudi.
2. “Good times become good memories and bad times become good lessons.”
3. “Every moment comes on when I hear that old song that we used to sing with the words all wrong.”
– Zoya Roy.
4. “Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.”
– Theodor Seuss Geisel.
5. “We don’t remember days, we remember moments.”
– Cesare Pavese.
6. “Keep all special unforgettable memories for lifetimes to come.”
– Mattie Stepanek.
7. “Everybody needs his memories. They keep the wolf of insignificance from the door.”
– Saul Bellow.
8. “Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love.”
– Kevin Arnold.
9. “The past scampers like an alley cat through the present, leaving the paw prints of memories scattered helter-skelter.”
– Charles De Lint.
10. “I love these random unforgettable memories that make me smile no matter what’s going on in my life right now.”
– Meena Chakrabarty.
11. “So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good.”
– Helen Keller.
12. “Hold on to the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”
– Kevin Arnold.
13. “Memories are what warms you up from the inside.”
– Haruki Murakami.
14. “The best part about pictures is that even when the people in the photo change, the memory it contains never will.”
– Andy Warhol.
15. “The tears dry, the smiles fade, but the memories last forever.”
– Malik Faisal.
16. “Old memories are like coffee with cream and sugar. When stirred, both can become mellow and sweet.”
– Susan Gale.
17. “What takes us back to the past are the memories.”
– Jeremy Irons.
18. “I have more memories than if I were a thousand years old.”
– Charles Baudelaire.
19. “Memories are the best things in life, I think.”
– Romy Schneider.
20. “The heart that truly loves never forgets.”
Old memories can take you back in time and remind you what an extraordinary life you have lived. These memories make you and your journey special and remind you that no one will ever witness what you have. Enjoy all those moments once again with these old memories quotes.
21. “Memory is the diary that we all carry about with us.”
– Oscar Wilde.
22. “One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory.”
– Rita Mae Brown
23. “Sometimes you never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.”
– Dr. Seuss
24. “No one looks back on their life and remembers the nights they got plenty of sleep.”
– Ryan Brü
25. “I can mention many moments that were unforgettable and revelatory.”
– David Attenborough
26. “All she ever wanted was unpredictable kisses and unforgettable laughter.”
– Brandon Villasenor
27. “Recalling days of happiness, I haunt my memories.”
– Robert Brault
28. “That’s the thing about memories; you can’t forget them.”
– Lex Luthor
29. “You never realize what a good memory you have until you try to forget something.”
– Franklin P. Jones
30. “Nothing fixes a thing so intensely in the memory as the wish to forget it.”
– Michel de Montaigne
31. “Memories, all those little experiences make up the fabric of our lives.”
– Ben Affleck
32. “When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough.”
– Maurice Maeterlinck
33. “For some, life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.”
– Laura Swenson
34. “He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present than the living man.”
– Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
35. “Memories need to be shared.”
– Lois Lowry
36. “To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.”
– Thomas Campbell
37. “Some memories live forever, whether as a scar or a stain — they can’t be wiped away.”
– Radhika Raut
38. “We have lived through some unforgettable times together, some good, some bad, achieving results that will be hard to equal.”
– Luca Cordero di Montezemolo.
39. “The more often you share what you’ve learned, the stronger that information will become in your memory.”
– Steve Brunkhorst
40. “The heart’s memory eliminates the bad and magnifies the good.”
– Gabriel Garcia Marquez
We often forget to value our childhood while we are kids. But, we soon realize that it’s one of the best phases of our life and nothing will ever come close to it. To cherish all those beautiful times, here are some nostalgic childhood memories quotes that will make you emotional.
41. “You may not think you have a good memory, but you remember what’s important to you.”
– Rick Warren
42. “The value of things is not the time they last, but the intensity with which they occur.”
– Fernando Pessoa
43. “Memory is the treasure house of the mind wherein the monuments thereof are kept and preserved.”
– Thomas Fuller
44. “Every man’s memory is his private literature.”
– Aldous Huxley
45. “A man’s real possession is his memory. In nothing else is he rich, in nothing else, is he poor.”
– Alexander Smith
46. “Some memories are unforgettable, remaining ever vivid and heartwarming!”
– Joseph B. Wirthlin
47. “Life cannot be lived backwards. But our memories make up for that by making some moments truly unforgettable!”
– Avijeet Das
48. “Memories—the one thing that can never be taken away from us. Make lots of them!”
– Catherine Pulsifer
49. “Our memories are the only paradise from which we can never be expelled.”
– Jean-Paul Richter
50. “There’ll always be unforgettable memories behind your goodbyes.”
– Ujjwal Karmakar
51. “Some memories are realities, and are better than anything that can ever happen to one again.”
– Willa Cather
52. “No matter what happens, some memories cannot be replaced.”
53. “Some moments are simply unforgettable.”
54. When someone you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.”
55. “Memories are timeless treasures of the heart.”
56. “Life is shorter, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it. Memories are sweet, cherish it.”
57. “Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”
58. “People change. Memories don’t.”
59. “Nothing brings to life again a forgotten memory like a fragrance.”
– Christopher Poindexter
60. “Memories are sweet when created with the right people.”
The time you spend with your friends is the most amazing time of your life. You are carefree, happy and understood. To celebrate the bond of friendship, here are some friendship memories quotes that will make you nostalgic.
61. “I remember the giants born so long ago; in those ancient days they raised me.”
– Jackson Crawford, The Poetic Edda
62. “Memories can be vile, repulsive, little brutes.”
– Alan Moore, Batman The Killing Joke
63. “Own only what you can always carry with you: know languages, know countries, know people. Let your memory be your travel bag.”
– Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
64. “Whenever clouds gathered and thunder rumbled, he cried out, perhaps remembering the showers of his native forests.”
– Gustave Flaubert. A Simple Heart
65. “Memories images, once they are fixed in words, are erased.”
– Italo Calvino, Invisible Cities
66. “The deepest-rooted and most pleasurable memories are usually those from earliest childhood, and are often unconsciously associated with a parental figure. ”
– Robert Greene, The Art Of Seduction
67. “Curious how a place unvisited can take such hold on the mind so that the very name sets up a ringing.”
– John Steinbeck, Travels With Charley
68. “We find after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; a trip takes us.”
– John Steinbeck, Travels With Charley
69. “But the mind is like a phantom that lives only in the past or future.”
– Dan Millman, Way Of The Peaceful Warrior
70. “I may be old, but I never forget my friends.”
– Laura Resau, Red Glass
71. “Your memory is a monster; you forget—it doesn’t.”
– John Irving, A Prayer For Owen Meany
72. “Touch has a memory.”
– John Keats
73. “When we think of the past it’s the beautiful things we pick out.”
– Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid’s Tale
74. “God gave us memory so that we might have roses in December.”
– J.M. Barrie.
75. “Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were.”
– Marcel Proust.
76. “It is strange how we hold on to the pieces of the past while we wait for our futures.”
– Ally Condie, Matched
77. “Memory is more indelible than ink.”
– Anita Loos
78. “Nostalgia is the suffering caused by an unappeased yearning to return.”
– Milan Kundera, Ignorance
79. “I think it is all a matter of love; the more you love a memory the stronger and stranger it becomes.”
– Vladimir Nabokov
80. “If you wish to forget anything on the spot, make a note that this thing is to be remembered.”
– Edgar Allan Poe
Whether it is your bachpan ka pyaar or college romance, all memories that are associated with love are special. You may have forgotten about your long-lost crush or about the old mushy days with your partner, but these love memories quotes will help you relive them again.
81. “The town was paper, but the memories were not.”
– John Green, Paper Towns
82. “Time moves in one direction, memory in another.”
– William Gibson
83. “The past beats inside me like a second heart.”
– John Banville, The Sea
84. “What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce.”
– Karl Lagerfeld
85. “Reason with yourself when you have lost your reason.”
– Andrew Solomon, The Noonday Demon: An Atlas Of Depression
86. “Never turn back and never believe that an hour you remember is a better hour because it is dead.”
– Beryl Markham, West With The Night
87. “Sometimes things become possible if we want them bad enough.”
– T.S. Eliot
88. “Humans, not places, make memories.”
– Ama Ata Aidoo
89. “There are memories that time does not erase..”
– Cassandra Clare, City Of Heavenly Fire
90. “Isn’t it funny how the memories you cherish before a breakup can become your worst enemies afterwards?”
– Allyson Braithwaite Condie, First Day
91. “As long as we can love each other, and remember the feeling of love we had, we can die without ever really going away.”
– Mitch Albom, Tuesdays With Morrie
92. “Truly precious memories will never vanish even if you discard the objects associated with them.”
– Marie Kondo, The Life-Changing Magic Of Tidying Up
93. “That which I have seen, in that little moment, will never go out from my memory.”
– Mark Twain, Prince And The Pauper
94. “It’s strange indeed how memories can lie dormant in a man’s mind for so many years.”
– Wilson Rawls, Where The Red Fern Grows
95. “It is the experiences, the memories, the great triumphant joy of living to the fullest extent in which real meaning is found. ”
– Jon Krakauer, Into The Wild
96. “I will never, ever regret the things I’ve done.”
Jojo Moyes, Me Before You
97. “It’s just that… without the memories, it’s all meaningless.”
– Lois Lowry, The Giver
98. “I sometimes find, and I am sure you know the feeling, that I simply have too many thoughts and memories crammed into my mind.”
– J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter And The Goblet of Fire
99. “Time’s the thief of memory.”
– Stephen King, The Dark Tower
100. “I was assailed by memories of a life that wasn’t mine anymore, but one in which I’d found the simplest and most lasting joys.”
– Albert Camus, The Stranger
At the end of the day, all we have got and all we will always have is our family. We all see our fair share of ups and downs when it comes to family, but the moments we spend together are priceless. These family memories quotes remind just how important your loved ones are.
101. “One lives in the hope of becoming a memory.”
– Antonio Porchia
102. “We are all the pieces of what we remember.”
– Cassandra Clare, City Of Heavenly Fire
103. “A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory.”
– Mark Twain
104. “Scars have the strange power to remind us that our past is real.”
– Cormac McCarthy, ‘All The Pretty Horses
105. “The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.”
– Friedrich Nietzsche
106. “I can only note that the past is beautiful because one never realises an emotion at the time.”
– Virginia Woolf
107. “Memories, even your most precious ones, fade surprisingly quickly.”
– Kazuo Ishiguro, Never Let Me Go
108. “The pleasure of remembering had been taken from me because there was no longer anyone to remember with.”
– John Green, The Fault In Our Stars
109. “Our memory is a more perfect world than the universe: it gives back life to those who no longer exist.”
– Guy de Maupassant
110. “Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.”
– Steven Wright
111. “Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders.”
– Friedrich Nietzsche
112. “You should always be taking pictures, if not with a camera then with your mind.”
– Isaac Marion, Warm Bodies
113. “Remember tonight… for it is the beginning of always”
114. What you end up remembering isn’t always the same as what you have witnessed.”
– Julian Barnes, The Sense Of An Ending
115. “There are moments when I wish I could roll back the clock and take all the sadness away, but I have the feeling that if I did, the joy would be gone as well.”
– Nicholas Sparks, A Walk To Remember
116. “The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there.”
– L.P. Hartley, The Go-Between
117. “Memories are bullets. Some whiz by and only spook you. Others tear you open and leave you in pieces.”
– Richard Kadrey, Kill The Dead
118. “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.”
– Richard Puz, The Carolinian
119. “The worst memories stick with us, while the nice ones always seem to slip through our fingers.”
– Rachel Vincent, My Soul To Save
120. “Memory believes before knowing remembers.”
– William Faulkner, Light In August
If you are sharing some throwback pictures after reading all these beautiful memories quotes, then you need some equally amazing captions for them. Here are some awesome memories captions for Instagram that you can use on social media.
121. “Some day these will be the good old days.”
– Macklemore, Good Old Days
122. “Let me photograph you in this light.”
– Adele, When We Were Young
123. “But I wouldn’t trade those days for nothin’”
– Mark Wills, 19 Somethin
124. “When everything is handed to you it’s all only worth as much as the time you put in.”
– Miranda Lambert, Automatic
125. “I hope when I get old I don’t sit around thinking about it.”
– Bruce Springsteen, Glory Days
126. “It’s time to find who we’re meant to be.”
– Corey Tynan, Graduation Song: Hold Onto The Memories
127. “I refuse to look back thinking days were better just because they’re younger days.”
– One Republic, Kids
128. “We keep this love in this photograph.”
– Ed Sheeran, Photograph
129. “All these precious moments. That we carved in stone. Are only memories after all.”
– Shawn Mendes, Memories
130. “Take care of your memories.”
– Fall Out Boy, Thnks Fr Th Mmrs
131. “Every time I hear that song, I go back, I go back.”
– Kenny Chesney, I Go Back
132. “And we sit around and we laugh about how we used to be. When all we cared about was turning 16.”
– Thomas Rhett, Sixteen
133. “Those were the best days of my life.”
– Bryan Adams, Summer Of 69
134. “Look at this photograph. Every time I do, it makes me laugh.”
– Nickelback, Photograph
135. “Memories are made of this.”
– Hark Snow, Memories Are Made Of This
136. “Only a memory of what our love was going to be.”
– The Smithereens, Only A Memory
137. “Goodbye to you my trusted friend. We’ve known each other since we were nine or ten.”
– Terry Jacks, Seasons In The Sun
138. “I’m still walkin’ down memory lane.”
– Tim Mcgraw, Memory Lane
139. “You can’t put your arms around a memory.”
– Hilary Duff, Arms Around a Memory
140. “And the memories bring back, memories bring back you.”
– Maroon 5, Memories
If you loved these memories quotes, then here are some more that you must read.
Quotes On Life Positive life quotes can have an everlasting impact on you and make you see things differently. So without further ado, check out our curation of the best life quotes.
Sad Quotes About Life For days when you feel like just wallowing in your sorrows, reading sad quotes about love and life can seem relatable and help you cope with tough times.
Instagram Bio Quotes If you are new to Instagram or just looking around to get some ideas, we have curated a list of quotes for your Instagram bio that you can check out.
Trekking Quotes & Captions We have compiled some really inspiring trekking quotes for Instagram and hiking quotes that are sure to leave you pumped for your next outdoor adventure!
Quotes On Nature Trying to find the right nature quote for that stunning pic for the ‘gram? We did a little work and made a list of the best nature quotes. Go ahead, check it out!
Quotes About Makeup These quotes made us feel like we’re not the only ones thinking about our lipsticks and hair 24×7.
Quotes on Love One can debate that love does not pay bills or feed mouths, but it gives you the strength to carry on when everything else seems lost and broken. Here are inspiring love quotes that will change your perception of love, forever.
We hope these memories quotes made you nostalgic and brought a smile to your face!
Featured Image: Unsplash