Mahatma Gandhi was an Indian lawyer and a political ethicist who led successful and non-violent campaigns for India’s independence from British rule. His movements and preachings inspired the world to fight for their own civil rights and freedom. Also known as the Father of the Nation, Gandhi Ji was truly an inspiration to everyone.
Interestingly enough, Lagey Raho Munna Bhai was an amazing movie and reminded us of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi’s teachings once again. It also made us question if Mahatma Gandhi’s quotes would work in today’s fast-paced world or not. TBH, his teachings definitely make us a better person and there are no two ways about it. They bring in us humility, honesty and humanity—some of the biggest virtues ever known to humankind.
On that note, here are some of the best quotes by Mahatma Gandhi that truly help us be a better version of ourselves.
5 Most Famous Quotes by Mahatma Gandhi
Freepik – Mahatma gandhi jayanti quotes
Here are some of the most famous Mahatma Gandhi quotes that will make you introspect and help you evolve your thoughts.
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
- “A ‘no’ uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a ‘Yes’ uttered merely to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.”
- “An ounce of patience is worth more than a ton of preaching.”
- “See the good in people and help them.”
- “There is more to life than increasing its speed.”
Also Read: Teachings Of Guru Nanak Dev Ji In English
7 Inspirational Quotes By Mahatma Gandhi
Whenever you’re stuck in life, read these inspirational quotes by Mahatma Gandhi that will help you overcome all the obstacles easily:
- An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.”
- “Take care of this moment.”
- “It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.”
- “My life is my message.”
- “I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”
- “We win justice quickest by rendering justice to the other party.”
- “Purity of personal life is the one indispensable condition for building up a sound education.”
Also Read: Gandhi Jayanti Wishes
7 Mahatma Gandhi Quotes On Education
Freepik – Mahatma gandhi quotes on education
A nation can truly develop when all its citizens are educated. Gandhi Ji believed in the importance of education and emphasized it at every chance he got. These famous Mahatma Gandhi quotes on education will motivate you to change the world with your knowledge and wisdom.
- “Imitation is the sincerest flattery.”
- “Be the change that you want to see in the world.”
- “Change yourself – you are in control.”
- “A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks he becomes.”
- “I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people.”
- “Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.”
- “Without action, you aren’t going anywhere.”
7 Mahatma Gandhi Quotes On Leadership
To be a great leader, you have to keep the betterment of your people first. And, stick to your values as it is you who are setting an example for others. These famous Mahatma Gandhi quotes on leadership will inspire you to be a great leader for your team and in life.
- “The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
- “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”
- “Where there is love, there is life.”
- “It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.”
- “Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment.”
- “There is no path to peace: peace is the way.”
- “Fear has its use but cowardice has none.”
7 Mahatma Gandhi Quotes On Cleanliness
Freepik – Mahatma gandhi quotes on cleanliness
Swachh Bharat is the ultimate dream of every Indian and these Mahatma Gandhi quotes on cleanliness will help you turn it into reality gradually:
- “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory.”
- “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.”
- “A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.”
- “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong.”
- “Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit.”
- “First, they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
- “Peace is its own reward.”
6 Mahatma Gandhi Quotes About Peace
Gandhi Ji believed in ahimsa aka non-violence and inspired his followers to do the same. These quotes by Mahatma Gandhi on peace will make you feel calmer.
- “You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.”
- “Faith… must be enforced by reason…. When faith becomes blind it dies.”
- “Indeed one’s faith in one’s plans and methods is truly tested when the horizon before one is the blackest.”
- “To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer.”
- “Man should forget his anger before he goes to sleep.”
- “Anger is the enemy of non-violence and pride is a monster that swallows it up.”
5 Mahatma Gandhi Quotes On Truth
Freepik – Mahatma Gandhi Quotes On Truth
Apart from believing in solving a problem with love and non-violence, he also believed in honesty. He believed that being truthful is the right way to live life and these famous Mahatma Gandhi quotes on truth will help you be true to yourself.
- “Honesty is the best policy.”
- “Truth stands, even if there is no public support. It is self-sustained.”
- “You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.”
- “There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need but not for man’s greed.”
- “Everyone who wills can hear the inner voice. It is within everyone.”
- “Those who know how to think need no teachers.”
5 Quotes By Mahatma Gandhi On Freedom
Mahatma Gandhi did not just help India win her freedom from the British but also inspired the world movements to fight for their freedom, liberty and rights. These quotes by Mahatma Gandhi on freedom will remind you of his sacrifices.
- “Freedom is not worth having if it does not connote freedom to err.”
- “The only virtues I want to claim are truth and non-violence. I lay no claim to superhuman powers: I want none.”
- “The only tyrant I accept in this world is the still voice within.”
- “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- “Freedom is never dear at any price. It is the breath of life. What would a man not pay for living?”
6 Slogans by Mahatma Gandhi
Freepik – slogan of mahatma gandhi
These famous slogans of Mahatma Gandhi will remind you once again of his greatness and his sacrifices. You can read them here:
- A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.
- The greatness of humanity is not in being human, but in being humane.
- Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed.
- I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
- In a gentle way, you can shake the world.
- Nobody can hurt me without my permission.
We hope you feel inspired and motivated by these amazing quotes and slogans by Mahatma Gandhi! Happy Gandhi Jayanti folks!
Also Read: Guru gobind singh sayings
Featured Image: Freepik