You wouldn’t think a celebrity like Kendall Jenner would ever use home remedies but surprise, surprise! The supermodel has confessed in multiple interviews that she has struggled with acne and has also shared her skincare journey, updating whenever she made any progress with her skin clearing up. And this DIY is a part of her success.
The best part about Kendall’s favourite homemade face mask is that it is made out of breakfast ingredients that are probably already in your kitchen RN. Read on to find out all about it.
What Is Kendall Jenner’s DIY Face Mask?
While revealing her skincare secrets, Kendall spoke about how she loves making a DIY face mask out of avocados, oatmeal, and lavender essential oil before applying any skincare products on. It has helped her achieve clear skin and reduce breakouts.
Kendall said, “I put one avocado in a bowl and mash it up with some oatmeal, this superfood honey, and organic lavender oil, I just drop a drop or two into it and that’s pretty much it. It’s really easy, feels really nice and moisturises you, makes you glowy.”
Benefits Of Kendall Jenner’s DIY Face Pack
- All three of the ingredients in Kendall’s homemade face pack, namely avocados, oatmeal, and honey, are great for soothing and healing breakouts.
- Oatmeal has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help kill acne-causing bacteria and soothe any skin irritation caused by pimples.
- Oatmeal is also a deep cleansing ingredient that helps remove dead skin cells and unclog pores.
- Avocados are super nourishing and they make the skin soft and supple.
- Avocados also help soothe acne as they have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Avocados are a source of vitamins A, B, C, and E, along with minerals such as iron, manganese, and potassium for the skin.
- Lavender essential oil has antibacterial properties that can heal acne.
- Lavender essential oil is also very soothing and it has a refreshing and calming effect on the skin.
How To Make Kendall Jenner’s DIY Avocado Face Mask
Soak a tablespoon of oatmeal in a little bit of water and stir well to make a thick paste. Take the flesh of half an avocado in a bowl and mash it up. Mix the oatmeal paste with the mashed avocado and then stir in 2 drops of lavender essential oil. Apply this mask to your face and wipe it off after 15 minutes. Wash your face with a gentle cleanser and moisturise your skin.
The MyGlamm GLOW Iridescent Brightening Foam Cleanser maintains the skin’s hydration levels while removing impurities.
The Dermalogica Powerbright Face Moisturiser SPF 50 with Sunscreen is a lavender-infused moisturiser also contains SPF and works well on acne-prone skin.
If you have acne-prone skin, this celeb-approved DIY face mask by none other than Kendall Jenner is just what you need.
Featured Images: Instagram