Selena Gomez never fails to surprise me. She is one of the biggest beauty moguls on the planet currently and even she has a beauty secret that you’d never think Selena would ever care about. Apparently, the star has an affinity for aromatherapy and she specifically loves 2 essential oils that she uses all the time.
It’s no wonder now that Selena Gomez is mostly always calm and kind-hearted. The essential oils she indulges in promote those exact feelings and do so much more. Read on to find out how Selena uses essential oils to unwind and her favourite picks.
Selena Gomez Talks Aromatherapy & Essential Oils
In an interview, Selena said, “I love having the same aroma in every room because it makes you feel like you’re at home, no matter where you are. I have two humidifiers, and I mix eucalyptus and lavender oil for every room I come into—even my bus. I’m also about lighting, so everything has to feel very cozy and warm. I love to set the mood; that‘s kind of my thing.”
Being on the road constantly can get kind of stressful, and Selena has found that aromatherapy helps her deal with that. She mentioned that the oils she uses while travelling and touring are what smells like home so I bet she uses them in her casa to unwind as well. And the best part is that essential oils have tons of health benefits.
Benefits Of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Diffusing eucalyptus oil and having it inhaled can help decongest your chest.
- Eucalyptus oil has a minty and grassy scent that makes you feel refreshed.
- This essential oil can help ease cough and clear your throat.
- It promotes relaxation in the body along with clear air so that you get good sleep.
- Eucalyptus oil is an excellent mosquito repellent and bug repellent.
Eucalyptus essential oil is a total saviour for me and I keep the St. Botanica Eucalyptus Pure Aroma Essential Oil on my shelf at all times.
Beauty Hack: After you pump out your shampoo in the palm of your hands, mix 2 drops of eucalyptus oil in it and then massage on your wet scalp. This will promote a healthy scalp and also make you feel more invigorated thanks to its minty effect.
Benefits Of Lavender Essential Oil
- Lavender essential oil is world-renowned for its stress-relieving abilities.
- This essential oil can also reduce anxiety and promote a more tranquil state.
- It has a herby floral scent that relaxes the nervous system as it is very soothing.
- Lavender essential oil is effective in helping anyone with insomnia as it promotes peaceful sleep.
- It can help reduce allergies and soothe inflammation.
- Lavender essential oil repels mosquitos and other insects.
- It can help relieve muscle tension and joint pain.
A good quality lavender essential oil I swear by is the St. Botanica and I can safely use it in my skin and haircare DIYs.
Beauty Hack: Add 8-10 drops of Lavender essential oil to your shower gel bottle and enjoy a bath with the relaxing benefits of lavender.
How To Use Essential Oils Like Selena Gomez
Selena typically diffuses her essential oils through a humidifier. You can simply fill the humidifier with the recommended amount of water and then add a few drops each, of eucalyptus essential oil and lavender essential oil to the water. Power on and the aromas will be diffused across the room.
The Allin Exporters DT-1508B 100ml 2 in 1 Ultrasonic Humidifier & Essential Oil Aroma Diffuser is a great product to have to fill the room with aromas of your favourite essential oils.
Relax like Selena Gomez! Filter out the stress and clear the air as she does with the help of essential oils.
Featured Images: Instagram