We all love a good pedicure session at the parlour, don’t we? Getting our feet scrubbed, massaged and polished; the perfect after-office plans! Unfortunately, getting a pedicure right now is far from possible, thanks to the pandemic, but there is a solution — foot peeling masks!
The internet is obsessed with the concept of baby feet. And foot peeling masks are the easiest way to get them. The whole experience is oddly satisfying, gross and OTT. It is an easy fun way to peel away all the dead skin on your feet to reveal bright, soft skin beneath. It’s definitely equal parts exciting and disgusting but the results are always amazing. Just sit back, watch some murder documentaries to relax while your feet are wrapped in a soothing foot mask.
But what does a foot peeling mask do exactly?
What Does A Foot Peeling Foot Mask Do?
A foot peel mask is a type of chemical peel that helps remove dead skin from your feet in a matter of a few days. All you have to do is:
– Soak your feet in warm water for 15-20 minutes to soften the dead skin around your heel and toes.
– Pat them dry and then open your sock-like masks and put your feet in them.
– Next, pour the solution that came with it and seal the top by peeling off the sticker. You can also wear socks on top of it if you plan to move around the house.
– Keep the mask for about an hour (or as mentioned on the packet)
– Wait a few weeks and watch your skin peel off! This is the part where the magic really happens. This time frame can vary from person to person, but usually, in about 15 days, all the skin on your feet should have peeled off.
Don’t forget to moisturise your feet regularly once the peeling/shedding process is complete.
How Does It Work?
The entire process takes about a week to complete, with the skin starting to shed after a day or two. The best way to speed up the process is by dipping your feet in warm water every day for 10-15 minutes. When you see the dead skin coming off, start peeling it off and fulfil all your guilty pleasures!
Most of the foot peeling masks contain AHAs and other important fruit enzymes that help dissolve dead skin by carefully peeling it away. Not only that, they penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin to soften and repair the skin.
What Are The Benefits?
Unlike getting a pedicure, you do not need to scrub your feet hard to remove dead skin. It’ll start coming off in a day and all you gotta do is sit back and watch. Try to resist the urge to peel your skin, let the process occur naturally!
It is hella satisfying but that’s not the only reason why you need to try a foot peeling mask today as…
– It deeply moisturises the feet,
– It helps heal cracked heels,
– It gets rid of odours,
– It deeply exfoliates the feet without being too harsh on the skin,
– It is extremely relaxing to use.
Although, using a foot peeling mask sounds absolutely divine (and disgusting) to use but do keep a few pointers in mind before using one; do not use it if you have painful cracks, open wounds, super sensitive skin, severe skin allergies or if you are expecting. Always read the label for instruction and ingredients before giving it a try!
Best Foot Masks
Ready to peel away that hard, dead skin for good? Then add these best-sellers to your cart already.
Cheers to happy feet!
Featured Image: Pexels.com