Coronavirus has affected millions of people around the globe, it has changed our entire concept of life as we know it for good. Face masks, face shields, gloves, sanitizers and personal hygiene has taken over our lives and become our top priority. But for beauty junkies like you and me, coronavirus has brought our beauty routines to a standstill. The billion-dollar makeup industry too, has come to terms with this new normal. When there’s no place to go to and half your face is protected by a face mask, who and why will anyone buy any makeup?
But does that mean you cannot do makeup? Hell no! Unless transparent masks become a thing (Namrata Soni is all for it), it’s safe to say that no one’s gonna see that expensive lipstick you recently bought for a very, very long time but you can always grab eyeballs with stunning eye looks, can’t you?
PS: Do not worry about that lipstick under your burkha mask because it’s time to let your eyes do all the talking!
When it comes to makeup, there are no hard and fast rules! Take your time and do what you love. But if you love makeup as much as we do, do keep these pointers in mind:
– Wash your face thoroughly and apply a light moisturizer (you don’t want to sweat under the mask, right?).
– If possible, try to avoid applying a base afterwards. If you have acne-prone skin, make sure you’re washing your mask every day. A lightweight serum would be a viable step.
– Concentrate on the windows to your souls; your eyes!
– Play with different eyeshadows, eyeliners, mascaras!
– Go bold or go home! Try that eye look you’d saved months ago to experiment. Do not be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. Your face would anyways be covered.
– Neons, bright shades, glitters, quirky shades, stick-ons- the sky is the limit.
Here are a few ideas for you to get started!
Use your lid as a canvas and add multiple shades of awesome on it. Make sure you blend them well. Add a stroke of Kajal for HD effect.
View this post on Instagram
I cannot get over all the amazing eye looks this ‘eye’conic show gave us! Glitters, stick-ons, mattes, new ways to apply eyeliner- you can try one look every day.
Hit smashers, Lady GaGa And Ariana Grande have broken records with their new single, Rain Over Me but it’s their eye makeup that caught everyone’s eye! Who knew that a simple white eyeliner can become the summer’s hottest trend?
If you wear eyeliner every day, why not try it in a different fashion?
Ditch your super boring black eyeliner with a colourful one. And If you do not have one, use a liquid lipstick and an eyeliner brush!
Just a few coats of a coloured mascara and you’re good to go.
View this post on Instagram
Why spend money on coloured falsies when you can DIY them?!
And how am I doing my eye makeup? I thought you’d never ask!
So brush off the dust from your makeup stash and get ready to slay!