One should never underestimate the power of well-fitting lingerie, it forms the foundation for every good-looking outfit. After all, just because no one can see it, doesn’t mean that it should be neglected. So, we bring to you these 11 underwear hacks that will make your life a lot simpler.
1. Use The Right ToolsFound the right cup size for your girls but the band is getting too tight and umm...itchy? Well, don’t worry, this is a problem that can be solved easily. Just get your hands on a bra extender to extend the band size of your favourite bra. It works by giving you extra band length while keeping your cup size the same. Try it to believe it!POPxo Recommends: Blush Bra Extender (Rs 179)
2. Camel Toe? What’s That?Bid camel toes a goodbye with a very simple hack using panty liners. Place two panty liners on top of each other and adjust it over your panty. The thickness of the panty liners will keep camel toes away. Simple enough?
3. De-Stress Your ShouldersAs if wearing a bra was already not painful enough, the sliders and rings on the shoulder straps try their best to make your life worse. So in case your bra straps dig painfully into your shoulders, let the strap cushions come to your rescue. Just put them underneath the straps of your bra and say goodbye to unnecessary shoulder stress and itchiness.POPxo Recommends: Blush Shoulder Pads (Rs 325)
4. Buy Bras That Fit On The Loosest AdjustmentElastic in bras often gets stretched and loosen up when you wash them. So make sure to buy bras that fit you well on the loosest adjustment. In that case, when your bra becomes looser, it will still fit you well on smaller adjustments and will stay with you longer.Also read: What Is The Right Type Of Underwear For Your Butt? Find Out Now!
5. Bye-Bye Panty LinesPanty lines can be such bummers, right? They are like those unwelcome guests that you try your best to avoid but can’t. Well, there’s still a way. Using seamless, laser-cut or bonded edge briefs that do not have any visible joints or seams is a very efficient way of keeping your underwear situation just to yourself. So go ahead and wear those leggings without worrying about visible panty lines!POPxo Recommends: Amante Seamless Hipster Panties (Rs 495)
6. DIY RacerbackHate bra straps peeking out from sleeveless tops? Worry no more, you can now make your very own racerback bra just with a paper clip. Just clip the bra straps together from the back and it’s done. In case you are not a DIY enthusiast, ready made clips are also available in the market. POPxo Recommends: Blush Heart Bra Clips (Rs 150)
7. Secure Your Strapless Bra Does the fear of slipping down keep you away from wearing strapless bras? Don’t worry ladies, we have an amazing hack for you that will help you secure your bra in place and keep it from sliding down. Here’s how:
a. Attach one of your removable straps to the backside of the bra.
b. Take the strap and pull it around to the front of your bra, taking it underneath the cups to the other side of the bra.
c. Attach the strap to the other side now.And, congratulations! Say hello to your secured strapless bra that will stay in place all day!POPxo Recommends: Strapless Convertible Bra (Rs 899)
8. Don’t OveruseMaintaining the elasticity and shape of your bras is a challenge. But you can successfully win at it by just rotating between your bras regularly. Overusing and over-washing a bra can lead to it wearing out way too fast. The best way is to keep at least six bras in your lingerie drawer/ closet so that each one gets its time to recover.Also read: The Bra “Sister Size”: The BEST Trick For Lingerie Shopping!
9. Use Clear Nail Paint To Avoid RunsIt is so heartbreaking to see any visible runs in your favourite seamless panties or stockings. Well, don’t give up on your favourite intimates just like that. Grab a clear nail paint and dab some on the run before it is completely ruined.POPxo Recommends: Gel Finish Nail Paint (Rs 300)
10. Skin-Friendly Laundry Detergents Be The BestDo NOT take this point lightly at all. Washing your intimates with a skin-friendly detergent is as important as wearing the right size bra. Yes girls, your intimates stay directly in touch with your lady bits. Washing them with a harsh detergent can expose you to skin problems and in worse cases, even cause UTIs (Urinary Tract Infections). So make sure to use an antiseptic, skin-friendly detergent.
11. Know What Suits YouIn the end, knowing what suits your body shape and size will help you better than any other hack. a.
If you have smaller boobs: Pushups, demis and bralettes
b. If you have medium-sized boobs: Balconette bras, demis
c. If you have larger boobs: Plunge bras, full cupsSo ladies, do use these lingerie hacks and let us know which one works best for you!Images: Shutterstock