A girl can never have too many lipsticks, right? We’re always on the lookout for the next fabulous shade - the one that can take our look to a whole new level. But don’t you just hate lipsticks that fade
too fast or require too many reapplications? So, we decided to do the food test with not one or two, but a whole 14 lipsticks for you! We reviewed them to see how they looked after eating a meal. Read this before you make your next purchase!
1. Shivani Tried MAC Retro Matte Flat Out Fabulous“I’m not really fond of lipsticks, TBH. I was in that No-Lipstick-Is-Made-For-Me phase when my friend suggested that I use MAC. So I went on to buy this retro matte lipstick and from the day I've bought it, I absolutely love it. It's super smooth, easy to apply and it lasts for the entire day (You can tell that by looking at the before and after picture, I’m sure). I love the colour and after trying multiple shades of pink by multiple brands, I've finally found my favorite one. I think this one is perfect for a long work day at your office/college. Even after I ate two slices of pizza, it looked exactly the same. I would highly recommend this lipstick to you all.” - Shivani Shrivastava, Trending Writer.Price: Rs 1,450. Buy at any MAC outlet.
2. Isheeta Tried Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gradation In Mauve 1“I started out with Maybelline’s Lip Gradation range with it’s ‘Pink 2’ shade and then later, moved on to this shade (Mauve 1) and absolutely loved it! It was dark but not dark enough to make me look goth and a welcome change from my usual collection of pink lipsticks. It’s matte finish is just perfect and doesn’t leave my lips feeling dry after a while. It’s great for a regular day at work or even college for that matter. After food, undoubtedly, it lost it’s effect a bit but not entirely, I believe. I will give it a thumbs up just because it feels and looks amazing even if you might have to do a quick re-do after lunch!” - Isheeta Sharma, Lifestyle WriterPrice: Rs 500. Buy it here
3. Prerna Tried Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream In San Paulo“I just love its texture! It goes on silky smooth while applying and sets to a matte finish. Unlike other matte lipsticks, it's moisturising. I really like the shade 08- San Paulo, it’s a plummy pink shade. Ever since I’ve started using Nyx lip cream, I haven’t liked any other lipstick more. It’s light weight and I love the way it turns out on my lips. After having lunch, my hair might have gone out of place, but the lipstick was still the same! I’ve been using this one for a while now and I think I’ll stick to it!” - Prerna Chauhan, Trending WriterPrice: Rs 941. Buy it here
4. Sharon Tried L'oreal Paris Color Riche Moist Matte Lipstick In Lincoln Rose
“I’ve been searching for the perfect matte shade of red for a really long time now. I saw my sister wearing this pretty shade once and I just knew I had to buy one for myself. The texture is smooth, creamy and lasts for a decent amount of time. Considering the fact that I’m a messy eater, this lipstick did fairly well. From a bright red it went to a lovely rose pink (suits my natural lip colour perfectly) I think I’ll stick to this lippie for a while.” - Sharon Alphonso, Lifestyle & Beauty WriterPrice: Rs 925. Buy it here
5. Geetam Tried Faces Ultime Pro Matte Lip Crayon In Sugar Coated“I absolutely love this one as it instantly brightens up my face. It is super pigmented and the staying power is also super good. Though it fades a tiny bit after having a meal but doesn't disappear completely. Even after hours of application, the colour still looks pretty amazing. I think Faces is an underrated cosmetic brand and people should definitely give it a try!” - Geetam Bhardwaj, Copy EditorPrice: Rs 799. Buy it here
6. Manika Tried Maybelline Color Show In Plum-Tastic“I love this shade from the Maybelline Color Show collection. It’s my kind of pink. It did fade out a bit after I had my lunch but I still had a light pink colour on my lips which I like. It’s super smooth, doesn’t give me a sticky icky feeling and is within my budget, so I am not complaining. I don’t mind touching up once after lunch.” - Manika Parasher, Lifestyle Writer & Copy EditorPrice: Rs 299. Buy it here
7. Sanya Tried Sugar It’s A-Pout Time In The Big Bang Berry“I really like this berry shade from Sugar. It’s extremely wearable without being over the top and brightens your face up in an instant. It’s fairly long-lasting and stayed on even after I ate food. After some time, however, I found it settling in fine lines, so that’s a big problem for me.” - Sanya Jain, Beauty Writer & Copy Editor Price: Rs 599. Buy it here
8. Somya Tried Rimmel London Moisture Renew In Dark Night“I love how this lipstick is so moisturising without looking too glossy. I don’t like glossy lipsticks and this one really makes the cut for its finish. The colour too is quite unique and brings out my dark side. The pigment in this lipstick is great and stays on really long without drying or bleeding out. Yes, it does become a little lighter after eating food, but hey, it’s not that bad! The other bonus is that it’ll suit most Indian skin tones because of it’s pinkish undertone!” - Somya Suresh, Senior Writer & Copy EditorPrice: Rs 450. Buy it here
9. Manasvi Tried Autograph By M&S In Matte Raspberry“I have been a loyal MAC fan for a fairly long time but recently I bought this raspberry lipstick from Autograph as an impulse buy at Marks & Spencer. And I am just so glad I did! After a really long time I’ve found a shade that goes extremely well with my complexion and is good to wear in the day or night. Plus, I am in love with the texture! So smooth and creamy! And even after a few rounds of coffee and a yummy lunch, it pretty much stayed on. For a work day or a weekend brunch with friends, I don’t think I’ll require another swipe. But if it’s a big party that I am attending, I might just keep the lipstick handy for a quick touch up.” - Manasvi Jaitly, Senior Wedding WriterPrice: Rs 1,200. Buy at any Marks & Spencer outlet.
10. Apoorva Tried MAC Retro Matte Ruby Woo
Also Read About M.A.C Ruby Woo Lipstick Review“I am not really a lipstick person but I had been looking for a red matte lipstick for a very long time. I wanted to go with a safe option, so I bought this bright red from M.A.C. And I have to say, I’m totally in love! It suits my complexion perfectly and is extremely long lasting. I would recommend it to everybody.” - Apoorva Gupta, Editorial CoordinatorPrice: Rs 1,450. Buy at any MAC outlet.
11. Rituparna Tried Lakme 9 to 5 Matte lipstick In Orange Edge“I’d been searching for a coral orange shade for a very long time that would go well with my skin tone and would be within my budget. Finally I got this lipstick as a part of my wedding makeup kit. I really liked the shade. It is a shade that I can completely rely on for my office look. It faded slightly after eating food. But I will definitely recommend this to office goers and also for those who are looking for budget-friendly options.” - Rituparna Samaddar, Editorial CoordinatorPrice: Rs 450. Buy it here
12. Srishti Tried Bobbi Brown Rouge A Levres In Burnt Red“I really like this burnt red shade by Bobbi Brown. For someone like me who doesn’t apply lipsticks that often, this shade can easily complete any look. It stayed on for quite long and didn’t fade away completely considering I usually forget about the fact that I’m wearing lipstick when I eat food! I think the colour looks pretty good even after hours of application.” - Srishti Sabharwal, Fashion Writer Price: Rs 1,878. Buy it here
13. Sonali Tried Meilin Lipstick In Pure Red“I was never a lipstick kind of a person but when I borrowed a lipstick from my friend for a college event, I fell in love with this brand. Since that day I’ve been using lipsticks by Meilin as it stays on for long, also I like the shades they have as they suit my wheatish complexion. It’s so long-lasting, I actually have to use a moisturizer and a cotton to remove it before sleeping. I love this shade too as it adds colour to plain outfits. I am completely in love with this brand!” - Sonali Pawar, Editorial CoordinatorPrice: Rs 499. Buy it here
14. Priyanka Ghura Tried Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream In Istanbul“I absolutely love this girly, light pink shade for daily wear. It’s a liquid that dries immediately and turns super matte once applied. Since it’s a very light shade, you may want to apply a few coats to really get the colour. I put it on in the morning and ate a messy lunch a couple hours later (noodles!) and I feel like the colour didn’t fade as much as I had expected. However, maybe since it’s a light shade, it does require a reapplication because a couple hours later, most of the colour had almost disappeared from my lips.” - Priyanka Ghura, Beauty EditorPrice: Rs 1,192. Buy it hereWell, now you know which lipsticks will survive the test of time. Happy shopping :)