In the last few years, we’ve seen our social newsfeeds taken over by a species called "bloggers". Some are gorgeous, some are relatable, some are too chic to ignore – we totally get it. If you’ve ever wondered what blogging really entails and have even thought about getting into it yourself, today is your lucky day. We break it down for you and help you understand all-things-blogging. So even if you do choose to take it up as a career, you’re walking into things with eyes wide open! :-)
1. Blogging is a serious businessSure, there are some people who do it as a hobby too. But blogging can be a full-fledged career; capable of paying you more than or equal to any other profession you may choose to pursue.
2. Blogging is hard workEven though it appears like a total breeze, blogging is actually a lot of hard work. While it’s glamorous on the outset, it actually takes hours of blood, sweat, and tears behind the scenes. So don't get into it, thinking that it's easier than the other options you’ve got!
3. There are different types of blogs and bloggersYou should only start a blog in the area that interests you. For instance, if you love to eat and cook and are a passionate foodie – you should probably start a food blog. A lot of people mistake blogging as something only fashionistas or models do.Also read: 10 Useful Tips For The Girl Interviewing For A Corporate Job
4. Let’s talk about freebies...As you may have observed, blogging seems to come with a lot of perks. Now there’s no denying that free stuff is always welcome - but that absolutely can’t be your sole reason to start a blog. Besides, sometimes the “freebies” are actually part of a blogger promotion, which means that the bloggers are paid to talk about them.
Also Read How to Create a Blog in Hindi
5. Content is king!You must have heard of this phrase before and it’s usually in reference to film or television. But it’s completely apt for bloggers too. You need to be confident about the content you are putting out there, only then will you start getting followers.Also read: 7 Awesome Websites That Can Help You Create An Impressive CV!
6. Don’t expect overnight success.Most bloggers will tell you that they had to wait a while before their blog really took off. You have to build credibility with your followers. You have to be consistent. You have to be original and engaging every time. Only then people start talking about you and keep coming back for more.
7. What skills should you possess to become a blogger?This is a difficult question to answer because it also depends on what kind of blog you want to start. But bloggers need to write well. They need to have basic photography skills, communication skills, technology skills, graphic design skills. They need to have business acumen. The ability to hustle hard, and work every waking moment of their day. And also possess a healthy love for social media.
8. What is the right time to start a blog?It depends what age/ stage/ phase of life you are in. If you’re yet unsure about it, then don’t leave your existing job and simply start blogging on the side. To tell you the truth, coming up with (good) posts week after week is harder than it appears. So you may want to try it out before completely committing to it. Having said that, if you really want to get into blogging and have given it enough thought – don’t stop at anything. Go for it!
9. Aren’t there too many bloggers out there?Yes, the blogosphere is a lot more crowded now than it was a few years ago. And it’s true that those who started their blog back then do have the first mover advantage. But the beauty of the internet is, that there’s enough of it for everyone. Don’t we hear of new things, songs, memes, and even people going viral every other day? So you still have as much of a chance as the next person at being the next big thing!Hope this post was helpful in giving you an insight into the world of blogging. If you are planning to start your own blog, good luck! We wish you big success. :-)GIFs: Tumblr, Giphy