If you’ve often admired the stylish braids of your favourite Bollywood celebs but have no idea how to try them yourself, this is the list for you! We tell you how to emulate the glamorous looks of your favourite heroines - plus they’re easier than you think! These hairstyles are perfect for the summers or when you’re having a bad hair day or when you simply don’t want to leave your locks open! Read on to know how you can recreate these super chic braids of your favourite celebrities.
1. Priyanka Chopra’s Messy BraidImage: Priyankachopraofficials on InstagramDifficulty Level: 2/5
This look is perfect for girls with layers in their hair. Begin by straightening your hair to give it a sleek look. Make a neat side parting in the front and divide your hair into three sections. Begin braiding it from the nape by taking the right section and putting it over the middle section and then crossing the left section over the new middle section. Continue like this till you reach the end. Tie a black band around the end and gently pull out a few strands from the middle for a casually messy look. Make sure your hair is braided tight. Finish off with some hairspray and you’re good to go!Also read: Ditch The Makeup! Our Fav Celebs Inspire Us To Go “Bare”
2. Nargis Fakhri’s Fishtail LookImage: Bollywoodpagal On InstagramDifficulty Level: 3/5For a hairstyle that looks elaborate and feels so neat and clean, we recommend a fishtail braid. This is perfect for people who have long hair. Begin by combing your hair back (no parting) and dividing it into two sections. From the outer edge of the left section, separate another small section (no thicker than half an inch) and pull it across towards the right section. Tuck it under the right section. Repeat this on the other side by taking another small section from the right section and tucking it under the left side. Make sure to tug at the strands to tighten your braid and continue till the end. Wrap a hair tie tightly around the end and proceed to wow people with your fishtail braid.
3. Alia Bhatt’s Twist And Braid CombinationImage: Alia Bhatt On InstagramDifficulty Level: 3/5Alia Bhatt is widely credited for bringing the braids trend to Bollywood in full force, so we tell you how to recreate one of her most stylish looks. Begin by parting your hair neatly down the centre. From the front left side, take two thin sections and twist them around each other. Take the twisted strands and pin them at the back of your head. Repeat this on the right side. At the back, take the two twisted sections and braid them together into a thin fishtail braid. Leave the rest of your hair open and curl the ends. You’ve now achieved Alia Bhatt’s cute hairstyle!Also read: FAB Celeb Hairstyles To Inspire You – No Matter What The Length
4. Sonam Kapoor’s Fabulous French BraidImage: Bollywoodstylefiles On InstagramDifficulty Level: 3.5/5We’ve all been dazzled by Sonam Kapoor’s flawless Cannes look. Well, you too can now do up your hair like her! Start by taking a section of your hair from the top of your head. Divide it into three sub-sections and cross the right one over the middle and then the left one over the middle (as you do in a basic braid). Do this a couple of times. Then, from the left side of your head, take another section of hair and include that in the crossover. After that, take a section from the right side and include that in the crossover. Continue incorporating a new, thin section as you cross over like this till you reach the end. Tie a thin black elastic at the end. Then, to achieve Sonam’s glamorous finish, take a thick golden thread (or even some craft wire) and wrap it tightly and neatly around the end.
5. Mouni Roy’s Reverse BraidImage: Imouniroy On InstagramDifficulty Level: 1/5This beautiful and basic reverse braid is perfect for when you’re running late and your hair won’t behave! Divide your hair into three even sections and cross the left section under the middle section. Then cross the right section under the middle section. Continue till the end for a beautiful reverse braid. It’s as simple as that!Also read: Byebye, Boring Hair! 7 Easy Celeb Hairstyles To Rock Every Day
6. Deepika’s Stylish Side-SweepImage: Deepika Padukone On InstagramDifficulty Level: 1/5Another hairstyle that’s so easy to do and can make you look like a million bucks! This one is perfect for people who have curly or wavy hair. If you have straight hair, you can curl it before you begin this. For this look, take a thin section of your hair from the left side and braid it. Pin it back for a stylish side-sweep and leave the rest of your hair open.