It may not be on as large a scale as your sangeet or pheras but a girl’s mehendi function is as important. It officially kicks off your wedding festivities and is a super fun function, spent having a ball with your cousins and best gal pals, while you remain the center of attention! We help you look festively fabulous with these easy, breezy and cute hairstyles for mehendi. These will ensure you look oh-so-pretty while keeping your hair off your face, we don’t want you ruining your beautiful mehendi after all.
1. The Braided BunThis elegant mehendi hairstyle is a no-fuss style that is girly and playful at the same time. You can’t go wrong with it!
2. The Side-Sweep
This is a great mehendi hairstyle idea for a bride who wants to keep her hair down, while ensuring it won’t get in her way. It’s so pretty and will allow you to show off a stylish, backless choli.
3. The Floral Choti
A messy side braid makes an uber stylish hairstyle for mehendi. Dress it up with bright flowers to match the mood of the day and feel like a princess.
4. The Low Side PonyA versatile hairstyle for wedding functions that you can wear with just about any outfit. It’s romantic minus any fuss and ensures you can dance the afternoon away without your hair getting in the way.
5. The PoufImage: ShutterstockPair it with a plait or a ponytail, there is just something so effortlessly stylish about this mehendi hairstyle. It’s no wonder it’s a go-to hairstyle for our favourite celebs.
6. The Braid BrigadeBraids are totally having their moment so channel your inner Alia Bhatt and get on board the braid rage. It’s sweet, fun, feminine and super on-trend. When it comes to braids, you can wear however many ever you want.
7. The Soft Swept BunImage Source: Namrata Soni on InstagramNope, not your regular aunty bun, this is a chic hairstyle that is worthy of a red carpet appearance. It’s so feminine and fashionable, perfect for pairing with pretty pastel colours for a great mehendi hairstyle.
8. The Mathapatti Magic
Get your swag on with a gorgeous mathapatti to dress up your mane and help you stand out. Place it over a half-up half-down style, a pretty updo or loose waves to give your style a regal twist.
Images: Viral Bhayani HAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!MUST-READ: 7 Mehendi Designs For Your Feet That Are Just Gorgeous!MUST-READ: #POPxoBrides: Floral Jewellery To Make Your Mehendi Look WOW!