We look up to our favorite celebs for inspiration. Sometimes for their fashion style and sometimes for their fireball attitude! We love them a bit too much...so how can we not learn from them? Here are a few such fashion commandments from these awesome celebs which encourage us to take that plunge into discovering the style divas within us!
We’re unknowingly already following them... Read on and repeat!
1. Bling in Western clothes is a good idea!Image Source: Shaleena Nathani on InstagramShine and sparkles are embossed into most of our ethnic wear and there is absolutely no concept of OTT. But when it comes to Western outfits, we are all a bit reserved about experimenting! Besides accessories and jewellery, Deepika shows us how to rock this sequinned golden skirt with monochromatic complementary pieces. And her hair, so sleek and so sharp! Thank you always for showing us the way!
2. There is some magic in minimalist styles and, of course, navy!Image Source: Ami Patel On InstagramPriyanka Chopra in her new short and chic hairstyle looks glamourous each and every time she walks on that red carpet! Here, she’s wearing navy colored jumpsuit with side details. This figure hugging outfit defines her silhouette so well and she’s wearing even sweeter baby pink pumps to go with it. So, if you pick something that doesn’t have all the flounce and the frills, you know that it’s okay sometimes to go for simple stuff!
3. Mixing and matching Indian and Western clothes is that easy!Image Source: Sanam Ratansi on InstagramWhy reserve the ghaghara skirts only for all the tinsel and jazz… Instead, wear it with a camisole and a denim jacket just like Aditi Rao Hydari! So easy and so comfortable. Those exaggerated flutters on the side just like our elaborate lehengas, matched to perfection with this cool blue denim jackets seem like such a piece of cake to carry off! Aditi surely knows how to work the Indo-Western charm!
4. All white days are pretty cool!Image Source: Sonam Kapoor On InstagramWhite in the night, from top to bottom, along with that androgyny tinge. Only Sonam Kapoor can rock this look. She wears this white suit with so much elan, we love that about her! She carries off this clean look effortlessly and she does that with Indian and Western outfits alike. We love Sonam’s fashion style a bit too much, and we definitely could take some serious lessons from her in this sphere!
5. An overdose of polka dots is all right!Image Source: Ami Patel on InstragramWho says that polka dots are passe? Athiya Shetty looks ravishing in this grey and white polka dotted suit! The super cute cropped top, cropped pants and that fitted blazer look so amazing! Bring out those conventional patterns and vintage prints and rock them like her. Don’t hold back from trying the trends from the 50s and the 60s. Trust us, those were golden times and totally worth reliving!
6. Color blocking is still in!Image Source: Tanya Ghavri On InstagramColor blocking, anyone? Katrina Kaif stunned everyone with this bright outfit! Mixing and matching two vibrant colors seems a bit risky, isn’t it? But she left us amazed with this combination. Think green and yellow, blue and red, pink and orange. You can manage to pull it off, if you believe. Katrina gives us an example and we must follow it!
7. Wearing shorts with a blazer is super chilled!Image Source: Ami Patel on InstagramThe cute and bubbly Alia Bhatt looks even more adorable in these high-waisted shorts and that graphic tee. The blazer to complete the look? Who would have thought that we could do that? Take those formal jackets out and try this fun look. Don’t reserve them only for presentations and interviews. Get that on, and some of your natural charisma - and you’re going to steal some hearts for sure!
8. Strike that pose!Image Source: Ami Patel On InstagramIt’s not always about the clothes you wear, it’s the overall persona. Kangana knows just exactly how to strike that pose flawlessly. From a retro queen to an ultra modern woman, Kangana manages to leave us spellbound in all her different avatars. We love how she has transformed her style over the years and we would love to pose for the camera like her!
9. The saree will always be the best outfit!Image Source: Karisma Kapoor on instagramThe saree is that beautiful garment that will always stand out from the crowd because it so special. The more traditional, the better. Karisma Kapoor shows us how to wear this beautiful nine-yard wonder in the most delightful manner. With a contrasting purple blouse and this ivory and gold saree, she leaves us mesmerized. So, ladies, wear this garment, borrow your mom’s old precious ones and, trust us, it will always look charming, wherever, whenever!
HAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here!MUST-READ: #FilmyFashion: 5 ICONIC Bollywood Outfits You Can Rock Today!MUST-READ: Fashion Rules?! BREAK Them Like These 6 Celebs Did!