If there is one thing most of us women have in common, it has to be the desire to have a flat stomach. While working out every single day can help you achieve that goal, diet too plays an important role. The food you eat can make or break your shape. This is why you need to learn how to eat right and healthy. Here are 10 foods that will help get rid of belly fat and tone your body up to perfection. (Thank us later!)
1. Low-Fat Yoghurt All The WayYoghurt, like any dairy product, contains calcium. Calcium is responsible for breaking down fat and preventing fat cells from forming and expanding. It also helps maintain muscle mass. Always pick up low-fat or fat-free yoghurt as it’s healthier. You can either choose to eat it plain or add assorted fruits in it for flavour.
2. Be Cool Like A CucumberOne of the best low-calorie foods are cucumbers. They’re refreshing and cooling for your system. Since it contains roughly 96 percent water, your body is able to digest it effortlessly without contributing to the growth of fat cells.
3. Oats Are Good For You!Oats are not only filling, but they also provide energy to your body right throughout the day. This fiber-rich snack gives your body the strength to sustain itself. Instead of opting for flavoured oats, choose the plain ones instead. You can add fruits and berries to sweeten the taste. Eat healthy, stay healthy.
4. Almonds And Walnuts To The RescueDuring the day, most of us get tempted to munch on food that is either coated with excess sugar or is high on salt. These treats may taste divine, but they have a negative impact on your body over a period of time. Switch to nuts, we say! Almonds and walnuts are famously known to be rich in protein, vitamin E and, of course, fiber - way better than carb-loading. In addition, they make for a healthier substitute.
5. You Need Avocado In Your Life!
Avocados are nature’s gift to mankind. This fleshy fruit is rich in fiber and monounsaturated acids which are essential for your body and burning the fat around your belly. Add it to a salad, eat it plain or snack on it, whatever satisfies your taste buds.
6. Are You Eating Your Leafy Veggies?Leafy veggies are packed with fiber, mineral and vitamins. All of these three elements help lessen water retention which is one of the main reasons for bloating and putting on weight around your belly. On an overall scale, it’s good for your health and is a great way to beat that flab!
7. Stay Refreshed With WatermelonsWatermelons are huge for a reason. Most of the fruit contains water. When eaten, it flushes excess sodium and toxins from the body. It also contains vitamin C and boosts the immune system. So, ladies, if you want that flat tummy, you’ve got to include watermelons in your diet more often.
8. Beans And Legumes Keep You Slim And TrimBeans may be tiny in size, but they have a powerful and positive impact on your body. These magic beans help keep your belly feel full for a longer duration, improve your digestive system and help build muscle. The best part? You can add them to any of your meals and they’ll taste just fine.
9. An Apple A Day Keeps The Belly Fat AwayThe fibers apples contain are responsible for keeping your belly full. This stops you from overeating. It keeps your heart healthy, reduces cholesterol, removes toxins, lowers the risk of getting diabetes and, most importantly, helps control your weight. What more could you possibly ask for?
10. Lean Meats And Fish Are Power FoodsChicken, tuna and turkey meat are abundant in protein which help build muscle. Since they are low-fat products, they tend to be light on your heart and don’t add fat to any part of your body. Make sure you separate the skin from the meat as that is known to contain fat. Happy eating! Images: ShutterstockHAVE A STORY IDEA FOR POPxo? If you want to hear about it, we can write about it! Just tell us your idea here! MUST-READ: Carb-Rich Foods That Help You LOSE Weight? Hell, Yes!MUST-READ: What Is Water Weight?! How Can You Lose It Quickly?