No matter how short or long your hair may be, you have to take care of your precious hair for it to remain healthy and soft, it is almost as important as brushing your teeth every day! We are often advised not to wash our hair more than twice or perhaps, thrice a week since the shampoos most of us use contain harmful chemicals like parabens and sulphate that could cause even more damage to our hair instead of repairing it. But our environment is such that our locks end up becoming flat and lifeless even then.We obviously can’t remain cooped up in our house to protect our hair. That’s why we bring you some of the amazing chemical-free and best organic shampoos, that will leave your hair feeling softer - and you happyBest Chemical Free ShampoosFAQ's
Best Organic Shampoos In India To Make Your Hair SofterHere we bring you some of the amazing chemical-free and best organic shampoos in India. that will leave your hair feeling softer. Here have a look at the article to know the details!
1. Khadi Herbal Honey & Vanilla Shampoo Honey and Vanilla….How delicious does that sound? This shampoo is suitable for all hair types, and it will make your locks lustrous, bouncy and smell SO good!
The ingredients present in this herbal shampoo are Honey, Vanilla, Neem, Tulsi, Amla, Shikakai, Mehndi and Vitamin E. This is the best herbal shampoo and is good to use for dry and brittle hair as it helps in making hair lustrous, strong and manageable.Pros:
- Nourishes the hair
- Adds natural sheen
- Makes hair feel smooth
Price: Rs 145. Buy it here.
- Runny consistency
- Smells bad
2. Soulflower Rosemary and Lavender Shampoo Bars
This shampoo bar nourishes your hair from your roots. It leaves your hair soft, shiny and squeaky clean. This shampoo bar is one of the best organic shampoos in India for soft hair as it nourishes the hair from the roots. And it makes the hair soft, shiny and squeaky clean. It works both as shampoo and conditions and is 100% organic. It cleanses the hair really when used after massaging the scalp with oil. Pros:
Cons:Price: Rs 400. Buy it here.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Prevent hairfall
3. Nature Secrets For Dry And Damaged Hair - Wheat & CoconutThis cleansing shampoo contains wheat proteins and coconut oil, that protects andstrengthen your hair AND combat dryness and damage. It gently cleanses the hair and scalp and has a soothing coconut and vanilla fragrance. In this shampoo, Wheat proteins protect the hair and Coconut Oil helps to combat dryness and damage.Pros:
Cons:Price: Rs 149. Buy it here.
- Suitable for dry hair
- Repairs damaged hair
- Adds shine to hair
- Lathers well
4. Organic Surge Moisture Boost ShampooGot dry or frizzy hair? We found your soulmate in this shampoo! Your hair will retain moisture easily and feel super-duper silky. This shampoo cleanses the scalp really well and is totally chemical free and all the ingredients it contains are naturally derived. We say: go for it!Pros:
- SLS free
- Amazing fragrance
Price: Rs 649. Buy it here.
- Does not tame frizzy hair
5. SoulTree Licorice, Shikakai & Bhringraj Shampoo With Nourishing CoconutThis shampoo contains organic extracts of seven ayurvedic herbs. It nourishes your hair, darkens it and strengthens it from the roots. Give it a go, we say!Pros:
- Hydrates hair
- Mild formula
- Paraben and sulphate free
Price: Rs 575. Buy it here.
- Not suitable for heavily oiled hair
6. Avalon Organics Biotin B-Complex-Thickening ShampooThis is a best-selling shampoo for lifeless and thinning hair. It is made with a healing complex of B vitamins - biotin, niacin and panthenol. It helps strengthen your strands and boosts body and volume for a healthy scalp and thicker, fuller-looking hair. Pros:
Price: Rs 1,350. Buy it here.
- Nourishes the scalp
- Makes hair soft
7. Biotique Bio Margosa Anti-Dandruff Shampoo & ConditionerBiotique is a brand we love when it comes to organic products. This shampoo and conditioner promise to eliminate dryness, flaking and itching associated with dandruff, leaving your locks lustrous and healthy! Pros:
Cons:Price: Rs 159. Buy it here.
- Pleasant fragrance
- Makes the hair silky
8. Himalaya Herbals Protein Shampoo - Gentle Daily CareThis shampoo protects your hair from falling - and you from going bald. It has a mild fragrance that smells really good and it contains all natural ingredients and is free from SLEs, Silicone and Parabens. Give it a try and witness the magic! Pros:
Price: Rs 216. Buy it here.
- Smells good
- Controls hair fall
- Can be used on coloured hair
9. Kama Ayurveda Himalayan Deodar Hair CleanserThis shampoo is blended with pure essential oils of Himalayan Deodar for nourished and healthy hair. This mild hair cleanser gently cleans your hair without stripping it off its natural oils, leaving it soft and shiny. Pros:
Cons:Price: Rs 1,250. Buy it here.
- Sulphate free
- Nourishes the hair
10. Omved Hydrating ShampooThis shampoo contains plant-derived botanicals that hydrate the hair - it is bound to leave you and your hair feeling refreshed and happy. And the best part about using this shampoo is that it is 100% biodegradable. Pros:
- Highly hydrating
- Maintains pH balance
Price: Rs 650. Buy it here.
- Does not remove excess oil
11. Forest Essentials Hair Cleanser - Oudh And Green TeaForest Essentials is a brand we love irrevocably, and that is why we suggest that you try their oudh and green tea hair cleanser. The herbal infusions are bound to give your hair natural shine, swing and fragrance! Pros:
Cons: Price: Rs 1,075. Buy it here.
- Does not dry out skin
- Fragrance lasts longer
- Does not contain harsh chemicals
12. FabIndia Lemon Mint Shampoo For HairFabIndia is considered to be one of the best brands for organic products, and we can’t deny it for obvious reasons. We are OBSESSED with their lemon and mint shampoo. The mint acts as a cooling agent, and both lemon and mint have antibacterial properties that protect the scalp from skin infections. Pros:
Cons: Price: Rs 350. Buy it here.
- Solves the problem of dandruff
13. Nyassa Hibiscus ShampooNyassa’s hibiscus shampoo is free of SLS & SLES. It is as good as it looks, so we suggest you give it a try. It is even paraben free shampoo. You will TOTALLY feel the difference. We swear! Pros:
Price: Rs 1,215. Buy it here.
- No synthetic fragrance
- Reduces hair fall
- Restores natural oil on the scalp
14. The Nature’s Co. Apple-Guava Hair CleanserThis magic potion is made from sugar, spice and all things nice...we mean apple and guava! Sounds interesting, eh? Rich in vitamins and fibre, it is bound to make your hair feel like a dream. Pros:
- 100% vegan
- Good for dry and combination hair
Price: Rs 850. Buy it here.
- Necessary to use conditioner afterwards
15. Rustic Art Biodegradable Herbal Shampoo This hand-blended natural shampoo is thick in consistency and contains coconut and bermudagrass wheat protein. Love your hair? Give Rustic Art a shot!
This organic shampoo is made of aloe vera, coconut and wheat protein. And it makes the hair healthy, bouncy and shiny.Pros:
Price: Rs 290. Buy it here.
- Vegan product
- Hand blended product
16. Shahnaz Husain Shagrow- Cleanser cum ConditionerOur mane is all too often prone to hair-fall and split-ends - our worst nightmares. This hair cleanser works like magic and it will help your hair recuperate. GO SHAGROW! Pros:
Price: Rs 735. Buy it here.
- Contains all herbal products
- Nice formulation
- Rectify split ends
17. Just Herbs Silky Strength Aloevera-Wheatgerm Moisturising ShampooNow, who doesn’t have those pesky greys hiding in her strands? This is called premature greying, which is exactly what this shampoo prevents. It contains aloe vera and hibiscus and is bound to leave you with luxuriously shiny black hair!Pros:
Cons:Price: Rs 545. Buy it here.
- Contains organic products like aloe vera and hibiscus
- Sulphate free
18. WOW Organics Miracle 10 in 1 - Paraben Sulphate Free ShampooIt is one of the best herbal shampoos as it contains all natural ingredients like rosemary extract, tea tree oil, soy protein, Almond Protein, Shea Butter and Argan Oil. Also, it is a sulphate free and paraben free shampoo which makes it just perfect to use. Pros:
Price: Rs 499. Buy it here.
- Sulphate free
- Nourishes the scalp
Also Read FAQ On Sulphate Free Shampoo
19. OGX Quenching + Coconut Curls ShampooIf you are blessed with naturally curly hair, then this is the best organic shampoo for you. Using this shampoo enhances your natural curls, bouse and waves, also it nourishes the hair and tames the frizz. It is a rejuvenating shampoo which is a blend of citrus and coconut oil which is combined with sweet honey that helps to defrizz the hair by hydrating them.
Also, this is one of the best organic shampoos in India to use as it is paraben free and contains Water (Aqua) and salon inspired active ingredients to give you perfect hair every day.Pros:
Cons:Price: Rs 725. Buy it here.
- Makes hair soft
- Tames frizz
- Give bounce to the hair
20. Yves Rocher Lissage Smoothing shampooYves Rocher Smoothing Shampoo gives a nourished and smooth texture to the hair. It contains smoothing attributes Gombo beans that helps to make hair 3 times smoother. This shampoo contains 98% natural ingredients and also has a botanical cleansing base which helps the hair to get detangled easily by resisting the frizz.Pros:
- Recyclable bottle
- Free of paraben and silicon
- Makes hair smooth and soft
Price: Rs 550. Buy it here.
- Packaging could have been better
Question 1- Is natural shampoo better than regular shampoo?Answer 1- Yes! Of course, using natural shampoo is way better than using a regular shampoo that is filled with harsh chemicals. Do not damage your hair by using regular shampoo and opt a natural one.
Question 2- What should you do after washing your hair with shampoo?Answer 2- After washing your hair, apply coin size amount of hair condition or hair mask that will help to make your hair frizz free and soft. If you want to enhance your hair texture then you can even add hair serum in your hair care routine.
Question 3- While choosing a natural shampoo what are the key points that I must notice?Answer 3- While choosing a natural shampoo, one must check a few key points given below:The product must be chemical free (including paraben, sulphate, silicon). Also, check your hair texture and skin type and select a natural shampoo accordingly.
Question 4- How often should a person use shampoo?Answer 4- One should never shampoo their scalp more than twice or maximum thrice a week. A washing your hair too often can extract natural good oils from the scalp that makes the hair look frizzy and dry.
Question 5- Can hair grow back after thinning?Answer 5- Yes! If you will start taking good care of your hair, then your hair can regrow and the problem of thinning hair will be resolved naturally. Try and go for products that suit your hair texture and the products that are natural.
So, these were the 20 best organic shampoos that will make your hair feel softer.This story was updated in March 2019.