Beauty is my first love and there's no denying that but there is another 'B-word' that I am crazy for and that is Bollywood. Anyone who knows me can vouch for this fact, I am as shady as they come. Govinda and his moves make my heart flutter and I still watch extravagant Bollywood movies, simply because they have nothing to do with reality.
I am ALSO a major Punjabi music and Diljit Dosanjh fan (from way before he went mainstream!) You know why you clicked on this article, so I am not going to bore you with my eternal love and devotion for Diljit. Trust me, we'd be here all day. Yesterday, when the trailer dropped for 'Welcome To New York' starring him, Sonakshi Sinha and a bunch of other crazies, I was hooked. Here's what I thought while I saw this trailer!
1. I seriously would watch a 4-hour detergent commercial as long as Diljit Dosanjh was in it.
2. What? Diljit pulling a Gabbar Singh? YAS!
3. Hooh! Croonies one-upping the hero? HOW?! (I laughed louder than I should have at the ghagra-choli thing, not sorry at all.)
4. Darji madam! NO! C'mon!
5. "Phone ghumao selfie ho jaayegi." I need to use this one!
6. OMG! Riteish Deshmukh and Karan Johar together? I know this camaraderie is going to be off the charts. (Is that cool? Do the kids still say that?)
7. THIS is why I love these two! We know KJo is cheeky AF, but Riteish and him! Fan-BLOODY-tastic! They know how to laugh at themselves, it's the best.
8. Why is Karan petting a fake life-size Lion though?
9. Death because "tumne Kuch Kuch Hota Hai dekhi"? Is Karan drunk?
10. OMG DILJIT IS SO CUTE! (I might have yelled that out loud and scared my colleagues.)
11. Sushant Singh Rajput, you da real MS Dhoni! Haha, that was so funny.
12. WHAT? Wait...WHAT? THERE ARE TWO KARANs? I need some air.
13. Wait, wasn’t Sonakshi in this film too? Where did she go?
14. Bombay Velvet jab, of course, you had to go there Riteish.
15. Oh lord, he's playing a villain. I am sorry Riteish, your jab was needed.
16. RANA DAGGUBATI too? Seriously? What is this cast?!
17. Wait a second. I need to play this again. Did Karan just lay one on Riteish?
18. YES, HE DID! HE DID! This is the cutest moment of 2018. I am calling this THE PECK OF THE SEASON!
19. Okay, Karan and Arjun. I am sobbing. My 90s heart can't take this!
20. Man, this movie feels like a KJo extravaganza.
21. Did Rana say "Jai Mahishmati" while lifting KJo in his arms?
22. TAKE MY MONEY, I NEED TO WATCH THIS MOVIE NOW. TAKE IT ALL.
Seriously, if you are a Bollywood fanatic like I am, this trailer will be the best thing you watch today. With the movie references and KJo and Riteish being their cheeky best along with Diljit Dosanjh and his extreme cuteness, this was a treat for me. I feel like Riteish and KJo being in this movie might overshadow Sonakshi and Diljit’s presence, but I guess we will have to wait and watch for that.
Now I'm going to go find Rana so he can lift me up in his arms, while you can check out the trailer yourself!