The whole country rejoiced the moment Supreme Court decriminalised gay sex and accepted that love isn't a crime. The sense of freedom was evident on the streets and on social media, with even Bollywood celebs celebrating the victory of love. Yesterday, India saw more colours than it sees on Holi and that's pride, right there. We can't help but applaud and celebrate this historic judgment. And now that the country's law has declared the love of all as equal, we were wondering when people will stop asking their homosexual friends or colleagues weird and judgmental questions. We know you want to celebrate the moment and make your buddies feel special, so let's start with scrapping these useless, baseless and problematic questions and statements from our lives much like the Supreme Court scrapped Section 377.
1. "Are you sure you're gay or is it a phase?"
2. Followed by, "but you are so masculine/ feminine?"
3. "Are you a top or a bottom?" or "Which one of you is a man/ woman?"
4. "I didn't think you'd be into sports."
5. "How do you have sex?"
6. "When did you realise you were gay?"
7. "Can you stop rubbing your sexuality in our faces?"
8. "Why are all gay men so feminine?"
9. "Will you be my gay best friend?"
10. "How do you know you're gay if you've never been with a woman?"
11. "Can we go shopping together since gay men know all about fashion?"
12. "But you don't seem gay."
13. "That's so gay."
14. "But it's not natural."
15. "Does that mean you fancy me?!"
16. "Can we go to a gay club together? I wanna see what it's like."
Zip it, skip it...just be a good friend and love everyone equally! Throw the judgments out of the window...
GIFs: Giphy, Tumblr
Featured Image Source: YouTube
AWESOME NEWS! POPxo SHOP is now Open! Get 25% off on all the super fun mugs, phone covers, cushions, laptop sleeves, and more! Use coupon code POPXOFIRST.