Sometimes while scrolling through Instagram I come across a Bollywood celebrity in a fairly simple everyday hairstyle and I wonder how it looks SO great! Like the ponytail, high, low, sleek, messy or poofy - it just looks so amazing. Truth be told, there is a lot of prep work that needs to be done on the hair BEFORE you put your hair up in a ponytail.
1. After you wash your hair, make sure you blow dry the part where you want your ponytail to stand. If you want a high ponytail, flip your hair upside down and blow-dry upwards. If you like it low then blow dry it straight down.
2. Style your hair before you tie it up. Curl it if you're going for a messy do and straighten it for the sleek ponytail.
3. If you're going for a high ponytail, tie a half up ponytail first. Then bring the rest of the hair to the ponytail and secure both the sections together.
4. Use a dense brush to bring your hair together if you want a sleek look. If you're going for the messy look, then finger comb them.
5. Spray a toothbrush with hairspray and use it to tame flyaways at the base of your ponytail as well as the crown.
6. Tease the hair on the base of the crown before you gather it together. The more you tease, the better the volume.
7. If you're going for a super sleek look, use a water-based hair gel instead of hairspray to add shine to your hair.
8. Take a piece of hair from the base of the ponytail and wrap it around your hair tie to hide it.
9. Use a rat-tail comb to pull at the hair on your crown to create volume and use the comb part to make the base of the ponytail cleaner.
Ponytail Bungee, Rs 410
Well, there you have it! Perfect ponytail every single time!
Featured Image: Instagram
AWESOME NEWS! POPxo SHOP is now Open! Get 25% off on all the super fun mugs, phone covers, cushions, laptop sleeves, and more! Use coupon code POPXOFIRST.